New CM9 range and gun report.....
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > New CM9 range and gun report.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2012, 03:43 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default New CM9 range and gun report.....

The pic is about 75 rounds at 15 feet unsupported.

I pulled the trigger 150 times and 150 times it went boom. I shot about equal number of rounds of Remington UMC, Federal, Theammoguy's reloads who I know personally, and 6 Speer Gold Dot short barrel defense rounds WITHOUT one FTE, FTF, I slingshotted rounds into the chamber, I used the slide lock whatever, everything worked as it should with everything feeding and ejecting 100%.

The gun does have a bite to it and it's not a soft shooter, but the damn thing is accurate as hell once you use proper trigger control.

I started out shooting supported at 21 feet and after a mag or 10 was shooting patterned bulleyes and ragged holes. I just wanted a feel for the sights.

I then brought the target in to 15 which is what the picture is above and shot unsupported and just destroyed a 6 inch shoot and glow target.

Couple of thoughts.....1. It definitively is not a range gun but a reliable pocket protection gun which I will carry starting tomorrow, and which is what I bought it for. No issue for me in this department.

2. Kahr should be ashamed of themselves at the horrible fit of these mags in the gun. That is just disgustingly pitiful and shouldn't be accepted from a company trying to portray themselves as a top flight gun manufacturer.
I own a couple of Sigs, a Springfield Loaded, even a Bersa and all of them and the mags and fit are head and shoulders above what Kahr is trying to put out.

Overall I like the gun and it's what I expected and at a good price $360.00 plus tax new. A well functioning personal protection pocket gun.

When I got home waiting for me was my order from Midway of a Desantis Super Fly pocket holster, and Hogue gripall Jr. They should help enhance the usage of the gun.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-15-2012, 04:34 PM   #2
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2131 Times on 1169 Posts
Likes Given: 635

Kahr is the one I would get out of the slim 9 pistols. I have a Super Fly for my 238 and it is the best pocket holster I have found.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I am not older than dirt but the rocks were bigger and there were more of them when I was a kid.

Old 02-15-2012, 05:27 PM   #3

Liked 4886 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Very Nice...

I've carried my PM 9 for about 4 years now with no problems. I do agree that the fit of the flush mag is a joke, especially for a $600 PM 9, but Ive had more than a few noisy crickets that functioned better as throwing weapons than guns so I'll live with the gap in exchange for reliable 9mm power in a package this small.

Prefer to carry mine strong side IWB in Kahrs 3" belly band. The band has a mag pouch just forward of the gun pocket so topped off with a 7 round back up gives 14 rounds onboard.

Tack

Old 02-15-2012, 06:30 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Very Nice...

I've carried my PM 9 for about 4 years now with no problems. I do agree that the fit of the flush mag is a joke, especially for a $600 PM 9, but Ive had more than a few noisy crickets that functioned better as throwing weapons than guns so I'll live with the gap in exchange for reliable 9mm power in a package this small.

Prefer to carry mine strong side IWB in Kahrs 3" belly band. The band has a mag pouch just forward of the gun pocket so topped off with a 7 round back up gives 14 rounds onboard.

Tack
And then the mags don't drop free when the mag release is pressed. There's a way of squeezing this and pinching that to make them slide out better, but WTF? If I had a PM9 I would be really disgusted with the fit and finish of how their mags function.

I like the gun for what it is, and don't get me wrong, this is one tight gun with close tolerances which seemed to of functioned well for me. But it could be so much better with a little more attention to detail.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:39 PM   #5

Liked 4886 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperpuncher View Post
And then the mags don't drop free when the mag release is pressed. There's a way of squeezing this and pinching that to make them slide out better, but WTF? If I had a PM9 I would be really disgusted with the fit and finish of how their mags function.

I like the gun for what it is, and don't get me wrong, this is one tight gun with close tolerances which seemed to of functioned well for me. But it could be so much better with a little more attention to detail.
I've had no problem with mags dropping free? Both my flush 6 and extended 7 drop clear each time.

Old 02-19-2012, 04:45 PM   #6

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I have a CM9 and love it. Absolutely reliable with any ammo. And surprisingly accurate for a shorty. The magazine problem seems to be common to a lot of Kahrs. Mine won't drop at all. They have to be pulled out. The sides of the grip squeeze the mag, just a hair. I'm sure a few minutes work with some sandpaper on the high spots would resolve it. But I never worried about it. I don't figure on going into combat. At my age, and with my health conditions, if I get in a situation I can't settle with 7 rds of 9mm, I figure I'm done for anyway.