My wife and her Desert Eagle
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > My wife and her Desert Eagle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2011, 01:08 AM   #1
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5678 Times on 2965 Posts
Likes Given: 375

Default My wife and her Desert Eagle

i talk about my wife a lot but havent really showed her shooting anything. buuuttttt.....

today the wife and i went to the range over in racine wisconsin. we took a couple of guns my springfield 1911A1 in 460 rowland ruger mk3 with supressor her bersa 380 and her Desert Eagle in 50AE. while there we rented a springfield xd in 9mm and a fnp 9mm.

her choice for ccw/oc ruled out other guns as not being comfortable to her. so she tried those two out and ended up shooting the xd best and really liked it alot.

but the star of the show was her cranking off with her DE. it attracted a LOT of attention at the range with her letting several people shoot it. they couldnt believe it belonged to her not me lol.

anyway here she is putting seven 300grn .500 1400fps slugs in the x-ring with it:

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 08-27-2011 at 01:11 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-27-2011, 03:08 AM   #2
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7116 Times on 4284 Posts
Likes Given: 8637

Awesome!! Maybe next time I drive up to shoot with you, she will join us.

Old 08-27-2011, 03:16 AM   #3

Liked 711 Times on 380 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Nice shooting.

That's a 4 hour haul for me but I'd be willing to meet you two up.
|

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Old 08-27-2011, 03:41 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Awesome!! Maybe next time I drive up to shoot with you, she will join us.
she might if i load up some 50AE for her. but she doesnt go to the outdoor range much

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtJester View Post
Nice shooting.

That's a 4 hour haul for me but I'd be willing to meet you two up.
|
we got a spare bedroom we can put ya up for a weekend

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 08-27-2011, 04:11 AM   #5
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7116 Times on 4284 Posts
Likes Given: 8637

I much prefer the outdoor range to an indoor range. There's so much more to do at an outdoor range. I'm putting 'Minnie' back together early this coming week. I'll have to check my schedule for next weekend. I'll let you know.

Court, if you make the drive, I'll buy you lunch the day we shoot.

Old 08-27-2011, 04:17 AM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I much prefer the outdoor range to an indoor range. There's so much more to do at an outdoor range. I'm putting 'Minnie' back together early this coming week. I'll have to check my schedule for next weekend. I'll let you know.

Court, if you make the drive, I'll buy you lunch the day we shoot.
i am going to be out of town next weekend and the weekend after. ill be back for the weekend of the 17th sept. then im gone the weekend of the 24 (dove hunt in texas for my birthday) then ill be back till sometime in november

Old 08-27-2011, 04:44 AM   #7

Liked 32 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Wow, she´s handling the recoil really well. Brought back memories of shooting a .50AE DE the first time. I had shot .45ACP and .44Mag before but I was really nervous and the Desert Eagle felt like a freaking cannon

Old 08-27-2011, 04:52 AM   #8

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

And she never seemed to flinch, even though that thing is a hand cannon! What a great gal you've got, for more reasons than her firearm skills, though, I'm sure!

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 08-27-2011, 05:07 AM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Thanks, she is great!! and she does shoot that insane gun very well. She has put more rounds through over the years than i have.

It is more like grabbing hold of a lightning bolt with the attached thunder than anything else. The concussion from that stupid thing can be felt several yards away...

The DE 50 is absolutely the most impractical fun gun you can pull a trigger on.

Old 08-27-2011, 05:25 AM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleksiR View Post
Wow, she´s handling the recoil really well. Brought back memories of shooting a .50AE DE the first time. I had shot .45ACP and .44Mag before but I was really nervous and the Desert Eagle felt like a freaking cannon
Amazingly its the first handgun she ever fired. She pretty much commandeered it from the first day we met.