My Wife FINALLY Went! - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report >

My Wife FINALLY Went!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2010, 02:45 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Well the opposite is true for me, awhile back my g/f took me to the range and got me hooked. She only had a .22 single shot at the time. Now she has 2 more handguns (one is a derringer I don't know if that counts) and now she wants me to help support her ammo fund since our joint fund is kind of limited we can only afford so much ammo per every few months and try not to fire it all. Point aside, I got her addicted to handguns and now she is crazed and can't stop lusting over them... What have I done this time.

Old 09-15-2010, 05:06 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Diggs, fwiw, maybe you should stay with the exposed hammer da/sa model. Unless she'll carry it concealed, it may be better to stay with a configuration she's familiar and comfortable with.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 09-15-2010, 05:07 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nake48 View Post
Well the opposite is true for me, awhile back my g/f took me to the range and got me hooked. She only had a .22 single shot at the time. Now she has 2 more handguns (one is a derringer I don't know if that counts) and now she wants me to help support her ammo fund since our joint fund is kind of limited we can only afford so much ammo per every few months and try not to fire it all. Point aside, I got her addicted to handguns and now she is crazed and can't stop lusting over them... What have I done this time.
Sounds to me like ya' done good.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 09-15-2010, 06:57 PM   #24

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel_Slayer View Post
I took my gf to the range and now she expects me to build her a pink camo AR15...I have a hard time supporting my own damned gun habits....
Cope's has a great deal on a pink Tapco stock set for the AR

Integrity is doing good even when no-one is looking

Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Glass is proof that women have control over everything in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Glass has now achieved "Goddess Status" in my mind. I'm not worthy.....

Old 09-15-2010, 06:59 PM   #25

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Michalik View Post
Diggs that is simply awesome. Good on you AND her. Once they are hooked, they're hooked.

The Mrs. went to a little meet and greet we had down here and was the first time she had even seen (let alone shot) some of the guns that were brought. Thanks Scubie for “here, shoot this one. . . . . . . ok here, try this one . . . . . now try this one” Good times.
Hey Troy, did you get her the AUG yet?

Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Quote:

Old 09-15-2010, 08:45 PM   #26
Is it Friday yet?
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasshartt View Post
Hey Troy, did you get her the AUG yet?
No, she want's an AR first.

Poor me huh?

Old 09-15-2010, 11:00 PM   #27

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
Diggs, fwiw, maybe you should stay with the exposed hammer da/sa model. Unless she'll carry it concealed, it may be better to stay with a configuration she's familiar and comfortable with.
I totally agree. If nothing else, I'll give her my (sniff, sniff) SP101, but not before I invest in a well thought out and researched second carry piece. Ya'll know it'll be a Smith or Ruger, of course.

First she's lined out to go through her CCWL classes in conjunction with some beginning handgun self-defense courses taught by one of the "masters" that I cite as a source in many of my debate posts. She's excited and nervous, but knows the level of proficiency these folks have.

Back to the gun. . . I'll let her shoot both the new one and MY SP and decide which one is comfortable to the point that she would be confident enough to use in a self defense situation.

Another option is just to give her the Ruger and get another .357 with a 6 round capacity or a larger caliber 5 shot revolver. Either way I've kinda been itching to carry more firepower and I believe I can comfortably. As long as she's comfy with one, I can adapt. . .

Old 09-16-2010, 03:08 AM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

If you want to move up to six rounds, see if you can find a nice Security Six at a decent price. I know they're out there and some of them are still new. They don't have the full lug and so are slightly lighter than the 4" GP100, but just as stout.

Old 09-16-2010, 03:41 AM   #29

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Michalik View Post
No, she want's an AR first.

Poor me huh?
Well then, build her one!

Quote:
Quote:

Old 09-16-2010, 05:22 AM   #30

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

Nothing like a day at the range with hot guns and the woman you love.

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.