Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > My new S&W M&P 15-22 at the range

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2011, 11:42 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 5

Default My new S&W M&P 15-22 at the range

First time with it at the range. Pics of new in the box and with a few add ons. Target is 3 rounds at 25 yards after mounting and sighting the scope. Combat sites right out of the box were almost this good. Had to make 2 small adjustments to zero the combat sites. I bought this for hunting rabbit and it will be more than enough. You are all correct, this is a fun little gun!
Would have had more pics but with the wind it was around 10 below zero. Got to the point I was having a hard time loading the magazine....

"It is when people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." Patrick Henery ... "The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!" George Washington

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-16-2011, 11:47 AM   #2

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

I'm going to try out my son's 15-22 late this week along with the Sig 522 I got for myself. Jeez, it looks cold there...

Old 01-16-2011, 12:47 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

We have had a 15-22 as a rental on the indoor range for around four months and it's holding up rather nicely for all the use it's getting. That firearm gets more than average use and ultimately sell more of it's kind. Price/value is excellent and a great firearm IMHO.

God, Family, Guns, in that order.

Old 01-16-2011, 12:54 PM   #4
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1338 Times on 681 Posts
Likes Given: 987

Good report. What scope did you put on? Is that a Bushnell Trophy?

Stay smart, stay motivated, stay dangerous

Old 01-16-2011, 01:43 PM   #5

Yes the scope is a Bushnell Trophy. I set out golf balls and the BB-gun shatter blast targets. I was able to go 1 bullet 1 target at 25 yards. Look out rabbits.
I like the battle sites too. If they work as designed I should be able to pop the scope off re-install the sites and be back in business.
LOL!! It is 3 degrees outside at 0941...looks like I am not shooting again today!

"It is when people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." Patrick Henery ... "The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!" George Washington

Old 01-16-2011, 07:23 PM   #6
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1697 Times on 969 Posts
Likes Given: 3474

Quote:
Originally Posted by safedman View Post
LOL!! It is 3 degrees outside at 0941...looks like I am not shooting again today!
Good Report!

From the pics you have tree blockage from the wind. Albuquerque range is a slight drive from the house and when the wind blows, it can get nasty in the winter.

Old 01-16-2011, 11:45 PM   #7

We have trees all the way around the 100 yard range. Problem is the wind comes out of the North west.....right into your face....rolls right down that 100 yard range and man of man it gets cold.