My new Ruger LCP - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > My new Ruger LCP

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2010, 04:49 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
FlBob518's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 121
Likes Given: 7

Default Picture!

Ok, you can't get more boring, but here is a picture of my LCP. Now I am feeling guilty I didn't get my daughter the rasberry one that she wanted. No, Crimson Laser does not make a rasberry color.

ruger-lcp.jpg  
__________________

-Bob

FlBob518 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 05:20 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
stalkingbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Lebanon,Ky
Posts: 3,621
Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

I'm glad you like your LCP. Mine never leaves my pocket. It's BUG for my .45.

__________________

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

stalkingbear is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 05:38 PM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
CHLChris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Portland,Oregon
Posts: 2,523
Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Default

I'm interested in the long trigger pull of the LCP. My wife is starting to get interested in the idea of a CHL and carrying a little gun in her pocket. She does well with full-size 9mm, but for a mouse gun, she'll need either .38 or .380 for the lighter recoil.

Only considering the trigger pull: LCR or LCP easier to control? I see Cane on this thread and you have fired both, I presume.

__________________
.45acp, .40 S&W, 9mm, .38 Spl, .380 acp, 22lr
12 gauge, .223/5.56x45mm, 30-30 Winchester


2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face
CHLChris is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 06:09 PM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
stalkingbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Lebanon,Ky
Posts: 3,621
Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

I'm not Cane but I've fired both. The trigger is much better on the LCR than it is on the LCP. If she has problems squeezing the trigger on the LCP then the LCR is perfect due to it's unique DAO trigger. Have her try (handle & shoot if possible including dry firing)both and see which fits HER needs better.

__________________

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

stalkingbear is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 06:47 PM   #15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
FlBob518's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 121
Likes Given: 7

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
I'm not Cane but I've fired both. The trigger is much better on the LCR than it is on the LCP. If she has problems squeezing the trigger on the LCP then the LCR is perfect due to it's unique DAO trigger. Have her try (handle & shoot if possible including dry firing)both and see which fits HER needs better.
My daughter found that she did not want the bulk of the LCR in her purse. I tried to talk her into it because I really feel a non-fanatic gun person is better off with a revolver for CCW just for simplicity. Women think different I guess, what goes in their purse has less to do with protection and more to do with whatever.
__________________

-Bob

FlBob518 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 06:51 PM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
FlBob518's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 121
Likes Given: 7

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
I'm glad you like your LCP. Mine never leaves my pocket. It's BUG for my .45.
What holster do you use?
__________________

-Bob

FlBob518 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 08:45 PM   #17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
CHLChris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Portland,Oregon
Posts: 2,523
Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlBob518 View Post
My daughter found that she did not want the bulk of the LCR in her purse. I tried to talk her into it because I really feel a non-fanatic gun person is better off with a revolver for CCW just for simplicity. Women think different I guess, what goes in their purse has less to do with protection and more to do with whatever.
I know what you mean by what you aren't saying.

The .38 round seem a lot better for a bunch of reasons over the .380. Even if she is uncomfortable with +p, the LCR at least has that capability if I want to carry it some day.

I'm not slamming the LCP, though. It fills a really important niche and has seemed to electrify that market! Sorry about the hijack!
__________________
.45acp, .40 S&W, 9mm, .38 Spl, .380 acp, 22lr
12 gauge, .223/5.56x45mm, 30-30 Winchester


2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face
CHLChris is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 03:08 PM   #18
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
FlBob518's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 121
Likes Given: 7

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHLChris View Post
I know what you mean by what you aren't saying.

The .38 round seem a lot better for a bunch of reasons over the .380. Even if she is uncomfortable with +p, the LCR at least has that capability if I want to carry it some day.

I'm not slamming the LCP, though. It fills a really important niche and has seemed to electrify that market! Sorry about the hijack!
I don't see a hijack, I've learned a lot... and that is what counts!
__________________

-Bob

FlBob518 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 03:15 PM   #19
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
FlBob518's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 121
Likes Given: 7

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
You should have got your daughter the raspberry Elsie Pea.

My daughter loves her's and after your post, I think I will look into a laser for her.

Canebrake - get her a laser, after 50 rounds at the range, she will love you forever! WARNING: It is a bit embarrassing when you shoot with a laser at an indoor range, it looks like you have serious nerve problems.
__________________

-Bob

FlBob518 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 03:45 PM   #20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
raveneap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Augusta, Maine,Maine
Posts: 106
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Bought my LCP about 4 mos ago. Trigger pull is a little long but no problem to get used to it. All in all it's a great "mouse gun" and is backed by Ruger who are noted for the toughness of their weapons. I bought a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster from Midway ($24.92 including S/H and their spec. handling charge of $3.00 for orders under $25.00). It was advertised as "non slip " material. I was a bit skeptical but found it to be true. Slips in your pocket and when you draw the gun, the holster stays in place. Have to say I'm totally satisfied with both the holster and the gun

__________________

... ed ...
MAINE - The Way Life Should Be ...

raveneap is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Ruger M77 TC124 General Rifle Discussion 8 03-11-2010 11:44 PM
new ruger lcr 38 jbd Revolver Handguns 23 02-02-2010 02:54 AM
Ruger LCP RailCrafter General Handgun Discussion 8 02-01-2010 07:10 PM
Ruger 22/45 painted_klown 1911 Forum 5 09-09-2008 03:22 AM