Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > My first trip to the range with the M&P

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2009, 11:25 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default My first trip to the range with the M&P

I took my new 9mm S&W M&P to the range for the first time yesterday, it's really different to what I'm used to shoot (double action revolvers). The only semiautos I have some experience with are 1911's, and I a couple of traditional DA/SA pistols I had for a short while.

I'm happy with the gun, it had zero issues (I shot 150 rounds), the sights are easy to see and rapid firing is easy.

The picture is from the first magazine I fired, far from competition record worthy but decent enough for defense. Plus the groups grew steadily tighter as I became a bit more familiar with the trigger.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-15-2009, 01:17 AM   #2

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franciscomv View Post
I took my new 9mm S&W M&P to the range for the first time yesterday, it's really different to what I'm used to shoot (double action revolvers). The only semiautos I have some experience with are 1911's, and I a couple of traditional DA/SA pistols I had for a short while.

I'm happy with the gun, it had zero issues (I shot 150 rounds), the sights are easy to see and rapid firing is easy.

The picture is from the first magazine I fired, far from competition record worthy but decent enough for defense. Plus the groups grew steadily tighter as I became a bit more familiar with the trigger.

The group looks pretty good for the first time out. I only have shot a double action revolver. And btw, where'd you get the "bad kid" target?

Old 06-15-2009, 01:19 AM   #3

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Nice gun. Good shootin'

Old 06-15-2009, 01:26 AM   #4

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by easterner123 View Post
The group looks pretty good for the first time out. I only have shot a double action revolver. And btw, where'd you get the "bad kid" target?
It looks like an unofficial Chavez portrait..........

9x18=Makarov

Old 06-15-2009, 05:26 AM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
It looks like an unofficial Chavez portrait..........

They are sold at my gun club. We actually had some protests by human rights organizations about our targets, they wanted us to stop using anything that looked like a person.

Old 06-15-2009, 06:28 AM   #6

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:

They are sold at my gun club. We actually had some protests by human rights organizations about our targets, they wanted us to stop using anything that looked like a person.

Actually the National umbrella organisation here, the SSAA (Sporting Shooters Assoc of Aust, which you are bound to join by law when you sign up with your local club) does not use human-shaped targets, and they also discourage the wearing of camo clothing on ranges. My club, being a Naval Reserve one which trains cadets etc has no problem with this; our targets are most definately human-shaped [see my range report for pic] and 'kill shots' are referred to for scoring purposes even though shooting at targets is all we will ever do. And lots of people wear camo. I bet the SSAA would have kittens about that lol

Old 06-15-2009, 04:27 PM   #7

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Very nice shooting, and also a very nice sidearm.

Old 06-15-2009, 05:06 PM   #8

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:

Soooo........ paste his face on a picture of a parrot's ass.... problem solved!!!!!

9x18=Makarov

Old 06-15-2009, 06:44 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Well done.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 12-22-2010, 04:20 AM   #10

i see alot more people with these at the range