Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Range Report (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/)
-   -   My First Range Report (MP40 Content) (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/my-first-range-report-mp40-content-15473/)

ZeusEcho 07-06-2009 06:28 PM

My First Range Report (MP40 Content)

4 Attachment(s)
Hi, this is my first range report ever...so go easy on me. :D

Just some background...I have been shooting many times over the years with my father, grandfather, friends etc, but have never owned a firearm until now. I finally got my CCW and purchased a new M&P40.

I went to an indoor range today and put 100 rounds through it.

Targets are in order shot and the circles were at about 25 feet. The body (small) targets were about 20 feet.

Loaded 15 rounds (Winchester White Box) for each target and shot as fast I could comfortably trying to keep a good grouping. I would estimate about 3-5 seconds between rounds.

If any insight can be gleaned from these results please feel free to let me know as I am always looking to improve.

I really like the MP40 but since this is the first gun I have owned I cannot compare it to others. It seemed easy to shoot and feels very comfortable in my hands.

ZeusEcho 07-06-2009 06:29 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Body Targets...

Jo da Plumbr 07-06-2009 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeusecho (Post 125601)
If any insight can be gleaned from these results please feel free to let me know as I am always looking to improve.

Here's some insight, bad guys better stay out of your house!

Congratulations on the new pistol.
I also like the MP and am thinking of the 45 for my next handgun.

ZeusEcho 07-06-2009 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo da Plumbr (Post 125606)
Here's some insight, bad guys better stay out of your house!

Congratulations on the new pistol.
I also like the MP and am thinking of the 45 for my next handgun.

LOL...thanks Jo. :cool:

IGETEVEN 07-06-2009 07:26 PM

Excellent choice of handgun M&P.40 and there is no need to compare or search for a better handgun, IMHO and the target shot groupings are very good indeed. Nice job and keep up the good shooting. :D

Jack

Shotgun Shooter 07-06-2009 07:28 PM

Looks very nice!
I'll stay out of your house. :)

S.S.

ZeusEcho 07-06-2009 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IGETEVEN (Post 125632)
Excellent choice of handgun M&P.40 and there is no need to compare or search for a better handgun, IMHO and the target shot groupings are very good indeed. Nice job and keep up the good shooting. :D

Jack

Thanks Jack. BTW...I wasn't trying to compare in a search for another gun, I love the M&P. I just figured a true range report should include some of the shooting characteristics of the gun, which I don't have enough experience to understand yet.

Cheers...
Z

CA357 07-06-2009 07:43 PM

That's good shooting. Now just continue to practice. :cool:

IGETEVEN 07-06-2009 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeusecho (Post 125639)
Thanks Jack. BTW...I wasn't trying to compare in a search for another gun, I love the M&P. I just figured a true range report should include some of the shooting characteristics of the gun, which I don't have enough experience to understand yet.

Cheers...
Z

LOL...I know, hell I am just partial to M&P's and continued use will only enrich the mind and soul of the user. :D

Jack

Gojubrian 07-06-2009 08:23 PM

I have a friend who raves about the m&p's, he shoots very tight groups and said it takes a few hundred rounds to break it in and do that.

Good job, nice pistol!! :)