Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Range Report (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/)
-   -   Mossberg Chainsaw (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/mossberg-chainsaw-80050/)

jsimion423 01-02-2013 01:31 AM

Mossberg Chainsaw

I got to take this thing to the range finally. I did and didn't like the over the top "chainsaw" handle. The forward grip I installed seemed to work a little better. I think I'll be taking off the pistol grip and adding a tactical stock to it as well. But all in all some good 250 rounds and a sore wrist was good fun. Shredded targets and some improvements will be perfect.

jsimion423 01-02-2013 01:33 AM

2 Attachment(s)
This is what I took to shoot it was a blast literally. I think a stock will make all the difference.

dog2000tj 01-02-2013 01:37 AM

how does that attachment function while aiming? :confused:

ShagNasty1001 01-02-2013 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dog2000tj

I think it's meant for when door breaching, to help hold it when jamming the muzzle next to the lock or door knob. I forgot what show I saw it on that said that. Maybe the one with terry crews and Tom palin? Stars earn stripes or whatever

texaswoodworker 01-02-2013 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dog2000tj (Post 1075618)

I don't think that gun is exactly meant for aiming. It's more of a spray and pray gun going by the looks of it. I do like that nasty looking flash hider though. :D

jsimion423 01-02-2013 01:58 AM

Yes it's supposed to be for door breaching. Lets you hold it better for the angles and give you better forward push into the door. I would not shoot it just by holding that handle as it kicks your wrists butt lol

CrazedJava 01-02-2013 05:13 PM

Many years ago I purchase my first shotgun to practice with for my planned law enforcement career. It was a pistol grip and because it was I decided I needed to learn how to be proficient in both regular shooting and hip shooting. I actually could blast a soda can at 15 to 20 feet with no problem. Even so, I still don't see the use of that handle. It would throw off the aim of even a hip shot.

This particular Mossberg just seems too specialized.

dog2000tj 01-03-2013 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001 (Post 1075648)
I think it's meant for when door breaching, to help hold it when jamming the muzzle next to the lock or door knob. I forgot what show I saw it on that said that. Maybe the one with terry crews and Tom palin? Stars earn stripes or whatever

Quote:

Originally Posted by texaswoodworker (Post 1075652)
I don't think that gun is exactly meant for aiming. It's more of a spray and pray gun going by the looks of it. I do like that nasty looking flash hider though. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsimion423 (Post 1075660)
Yes it's supposed to be for door breaching. Lets you hold it better for the angles and give you better forward push into the door. I would not shoot it just by holding that handle as it kicks your wrists butt lol

Ah well that answers that ... seems about as sensible as the slidefire stock :o But, if it works for you and makes you happy, kudos :)

deadeye 01-07-2013 06:42 AM

I can't seem to look at those pictures without one eyebrow cocked. How am I supposed to watch youtube videos of idiots smacking their faces silly with pistol grip shotguns, if Mossberg goes and tosses a friggin chainsaw grip over top of em? Answer me that internets, answer me that.

HOSSFLY 01-07-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadeye (Post 1083674)
I can't seem to look at those pictures without one eyebrow cocked. How am I supposed to watch youtube videos of idiots smacking their faces silly with pistol grip shotguns, if Mossberg goes and tosses a friggin chainsaw grip over top of em? Answer me that internets, answer me that.

Staying off utube has been shone to raise your IQ ;)