Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Range Report (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/)
-   -   Micro Desert Eagle (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/micro-desert-eagle-24122/)

Bigcat_hunter 03-02-2010 11:29 PM

Micro Desert Eagle

3 Attachment(s)
I recently purchased a MDE for summer carry. After many years of having just about everything from full size 1911's to subcompact cz 9mm's and everything in between I have concluded that having a big uncomfortable gun for concealed carry sucks. I chose the MDE over a Ruger LCP for a number of reasons. Mostly because of the additional weight to help tame the recoil. It also feels a bit bigger in the hand but still truly sub compact.

My initial range trip included 100 rounds fired almost non stop. I mostly shot at clays on the ground at different distances. At 7 to 10 yards it was very accurate. At 20 to 30 yards are a different story. Very hard to hit clays. I did have one failure to feed at about round seventy but since this is a break in period I will let it slide. I then took the gun home disassembled it and gave it a good cleaning.

The next trip I put another 100 rounds through it with no FTF or FTE. I took some zombie targets with me and did some fast shoot head and handicap shots at 21 feet. Since these targets are 50% of the size of a human I was happy with the accuracy. It would be like shooting the zombies at twice the distance. Five out of six head shots connected. The leg/handicap shots were harder with only one out of seven connecting. This was my fault as I was a bit tired after shooting for a couple of hours.

I am very satisfied with the quality and short range accuracy of this gun. It is also very concealable. I opted for the blued version vs the nickel finish. I don't think a shiny pimped finish has any place on a carry gun(although the nickel finish is nice to look at). Keep in mind that these guns have quite a bit of kick to them and they will make your hand sore if you shoot more then 25 rounds at a time. I was using American Eagle 95 grain FMJ's. One thing I noticed is that I did have a bit of burnt gun powder blow back towards the face when firing. I only had this ammo to test with so I can not conclude if it was the ammo or the gun. I would wear eye protection when shooting. All in all I am happy with the gun.

Gojubrian 03-02-2010 11:35 PM

Nice shooting. That is a funky little pistol there. It looks like it hardly has a barrel.

I could see how carrying that would be a breeze. :cool:

MoHawk 03-02-2010 11:46 PM

is it a 9mm?

MotorG20 03-02-2010 11:53 PM

It's a 380acp.

MotorG20:)

MoHawk 03-02-2010 11:57 PM

I like the sound of it... but that ammo is near impossible to find close by

lonyaeger 03-03-2010 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoHawk (Post 240045)
I like the sound of it... but that ammo is near impossible to find close by

Close by....where you are?

MoHawk 03-03-2010 12:16 AM

Hampton VA. No one seems to ever have it in stock.

EDIT*** My bad. I was thinking of .32 Brain Fart

range19 03-05-2010 01:37 AM

I have a Micro Eagle for summer carry also. Used it all last summer. Very easy to conceal. I have 500+ rds thru it with no problems.