Me and my better half went to the range this afternoon. - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Me and my better half went to the range this afternoon.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 06:01 PM   #11
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1196 Times on 686 Posts
Likes Given: 574

I'm the same-Right handed/Left eye dominant.

Old 04-27-2010, 06:10 PM   #12

Default Problems with the 22 AR?

You said you were have some jamming problems? Ammo, Magazine or the rifle? Thanks, W.T.

"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of Patriots and Tyrants" - Thomas Jefferson

Old 04-27-2010, 06:25 PM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I noticed you have your side arm holstered. At my local range we have to keep all our weapons unloaded and set on the table, unless we are firing them. (I imagine it's for the game wardens safety)

"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off!" - Dirty Harry

Old 04-27-2010, 09:46 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wornouttrails View Post
You said you were have some jamming problems? Ammo, Magazine or the rifle? Thanks, W.T.
The problem with misfires and jamming is because of the 22LR adaptor. The ammo shots great in a 22 pistol. I’ve read that carbon build up on the adaptor tube causes the misfires, and dirty ejectors causes the jams. When the 22 LR adaptor was new there was not many problems.
After I read this I let the adaptor in Hoppe’s 9 for a few days. The next time I used it I only had 3 misfires and jams out of 60 rounds. I thought I cleaned it good enough after that use.
We put 121 rounds into the rifle last Saturday but only 100 of them fired. The 22 LR adaptor in a jar of Hoppe’s now.
The rifle is a Bushmaster XM15. As long as I take the bolt apart and clean it after each use and use brass case ammo I don’t have any jams. The rifle will jam with the steel case ammo.

Death By Gun Control The Mother of All Stats
In the 20th Century, at least 170,000,000 people were murdered by their own governments -- more killed than by crime – more than killed by war.
http://jpfo.org/index.htm

Old 04-27-2010, 09:47 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioActiV View Post
I noticed you have your side arm holstered. At my local range we have to keep all our weapons unloaded and set on the table, unless we are firing them. (I imagine it's for the game wardens safety)
Yes they have the same rules:
5. LOAD ONLY WHEN READY TO SHOOT.
6. WHEN NOT SHOOTING, ALL WEAPONS MUST BE EMPTY AND ACTION OPEN.
Interesting. I have the right to carry that pistol almost any where in PA as long as it remains holstered.

Death By Gun Control The Mother of All Stats
In the 20th Century, at least 170,000,000 people were murdered by their own governments -- more killed than by crime – more than killed by war.
http://jpfo.org/index.htm

Old 07-11-2010, 04:46 AM   #16

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Crow View Post
Yes they have the same rules:
5. LOAD ONLY WHEN READY TO SHOOT.
6. WHEN NOT SHOOTING, ALL WEAPONS MUST BE EMPTY AND ACTION OPEN.
Interesting. I have the right to carry that pistol almost any where in PA as long as it remains holstered.
They have the same rules at my range. The range master flipped out when my pastor pulled out his Glock 26 (CCW) and pumped 10 rounds into the target, reloaded, chambered, and holstered his weapon. it was Hil-Freaking-arious.

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------