Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Making a mess at the range

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2013, 09:35 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6016 Times on 3296 Posts
Likes Given: 11482

Do you tell jokes too?

image-736714639.jpg  

Old 04-15-2013, 03:42 AM   #12

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7point62 View Post
I'm partial to pumpkins. I never met a pumpkin I didn't want to blast. The advantage of shooting fruits and vegetables over soda cans is that they are biodegradable.
What would you think if a group brought a couple wheelbarrows of shot/busted up pumpkins and dumped em in your yard??

Remember they are biodegradable.

Old 04-15-2013, 03:59 AM   #13

Liked 9197 Times on 5054 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by langenc View Post

What would you think if a group brought a couple wheelbarrows of shot/busted up pumpkins and dumped em in your yard??

Remember they are biodegradable.
While I see where that can be annoying for some range owners, a range isn't usually set up for aesthetics like a front yard is.

And just as with a front yard, it's best to ask permission. Some people wouldn't mind a bit. Busted watermelon would draw varmints that could dress a dinner table nicely.

Me? I don't like fruit flies. Keep it outta the yard. Take it to the pasture. After shooting a couple coons and possum off the scrap, the horses will take care of the rest.

Old 04-15-2013, 05:11 PM   #14

Liked 70 Times on 51 Posts

Though you don't see it in the video, I go to the range with a contractor-sized trash bag, and all the reactive targets I use for videos... plastic water bottle, shaving cream cans, melons, et al, get picked up and taken to the dumpster in that bag.

Usually I spend the first half hour at the range picking up crap that other shooters leave behind.

Old 04-15-2013, 06:19 PM   #15

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
While I see where that can be annoying for some range owners, a range isn't usually set up for aesthetics like a front yard is.

And just as with a front yard, it's best to ask permission. Some people wouldn't mind a bit. Busted watermelon would draw varmints that could dress a dinner table nicely.

Me? I don't like fruit flies. Keep it outta the yard. Take it to the pasture. After shooting a couple coons and possum off the scrap, the horses will take care of the rest.
Range I was thinking of was on state land. The pumpkins you brought and let were probably added to TVs, computers, LP tanks, lumber. water/beverage containers and lots of mty plastic (non degradable in our life times) shotshell cases.

So I guess a few pumpkins wouldnt make any bigger mess than the previous slobs left.

PS: the DNR agrees cause now the 'range' is closed. Entrances blocked with 2-3' boulders. Slobs won.