Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > M&P .40c Report and Pics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2011, 08:00 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default M&P .40c Report and Pics

Took my new M&P 40c out shooting today. I shot it yesterday at an inside range but didn't have a camera with me so I'll do my report today.

When I first started handling the gun I was all about the magazine with the pinky extension, and still like it when just handling it or taking pics because it looks better IMO. however, while shooting the gun I became quite fond of the flush fit and will carry the gun that way, making it even easier to conceal. I used my Blackhawk Serpa paddle holster for range duty. I have pretty small hands at 5'7 and about 170 pounds so the small backstrap felt best to me. The medium is what came on it and it felt alright, but the small was just that much better. The gun was cleaned before and after each range session.

Yesterday was my first time actually getting to shoot this gun. I put 100 Golden Saber 180 grain hollow points through it and it performed flawlessly. Not a single issue to speak of. Was good and accurate for me out to the max distance of that range, which is around 10 yards or so I believe. Plenty far enough for a defense handgun.

Today I took out about 150 cheap Winchester White Box 165 grain FMJ loads from Wal-Mart. Again, the gun ate them all up flawlessly without any issues. I did notice I seemed to shoot a little higher with these than I did the 180 grain loads and the grouping was not as tight, which I would expect from cheap target ammo as opposed to the Golden Sabers.

All shots in the pics are from a distance of 25 feet with the Winchester FMJ rounds. All in all, this is a great handgun and I would recommend it to anyone. It does have a decent muzzle flip to it, which can be expected out of any compact.40 in my experience. But it is by no means un-managable. If you're a recoil sensitive shooter I'd say check it out in 9mm.

"They're on our right, they're on our left, they're in front of us, they're behind us; they can't get away from us this time."
Chesty Puller, USMC, Chosin Reservoir, Korean War

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."
- Father Kevin Keaney, 1st MarDiv Chaplain, Korean War

Last edited by USMC-03; 02-12-2011 at 08:05 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-12-2011, 08:01 PM   #2

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Couple more pics

"They're on our right, they're on our left, they're in front of us, they're behind us; they can't get away from us this time."
Chesty Puller, USMC, Chosin Reservoir, Korean War

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."
- Father Kevin Keaney, 1st MarDiv Chaplain, Korean War

Last edited by USMC-03; 02-12-2011 at 08:08 PM.

Old 02-14-2011, 12:16 AM   #3
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 463 Times on 254 Posts

Most excellent. I just got me an M&P45. Looks like some good shooting.