Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Lots of paper and lead dust created

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2011, 01:34 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 500 Times on 318 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Default Lots of paper and lead dust created

My principal purpose was to get my new red dot aligned on my 22/45. It has four different views, and surprisingly there's an alignment difference between them. Hopefully this will help me compete during the friday night plate duels I held my own with open sites, usually getting beat with the #$%$$^% sticking mag. That's next on my list to fix that!

Then on to shooting my XDM9c it's been feeling neglected lately. I had settled down enough to actually do some pretty good shooting. When totally focused, was hitting an extremely small grouping. Then I tried the speer gold dot instead of the hole punching reloads. BIG DIFFERENCE!

Then I get SWMBO'd new Bersa .380, she was really struggling. Can't say that I did a whole lot better. We both were shooting really low. She loves the carryability, but needs to spend some time loving it She shot her XDM9c and was much better.

Youngest ran 20 rounds through our P22, and for some reason shifted to SWMBO'd Browning. I missed the switch, I wanted the p22 to get a bigger workout. She did enjoy the browning and was remarkably accurate.

We only have two electronic ear muffs, so I used foam ear plugs. My ears are still ringing several hours later Going to go get some higher db rated muffs tomorrow. Guess the combination of the .45, .22, 9, .380 was a little more then they could handle.

The joy of all that shooting and all those guns... somebody gets to clean them all

All in all, a lot of fun had by all!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here