The List of Offensive Range Stereotypes (long post). - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > The List of Offensive Range Stereotypes (long post).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2012, 04:53 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1739 Times on 898 Posts
Likes Given: 1338

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durangokid View Post
I can not imagine anyone who hates gun owners enough to expell such venom? What the Hell makes you the judge of what people drive or shoot? What makes you so special as to make fun of the aged, poor or their childrens names? I have been a Certified Range Officer and Snobs and Bigots like you are the real Range problems.
I think you’ve taken what this person wrote, and what I shared, way too seriously. It’s not venom, it’s satire. And it is titled ‘. . . Offensive Range Stereotypes’. (Perchance might your name be ‘Cody’?)

Old 03-24-2012, 04:59 AM   #12
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8273 Times on 4780 Posts
Likes Given: 10698

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaido View Post
I'm not really offended, just thought I would give my thoughts on some of the things listed. I picked the "Punk-Ass amateur" and "homie" since both seemed to fit me.

However, if you toss the spinners, make it 17"s and black, that's my car. As for the pants, their only 1/4 down my bum-bee-no. Haha
OK, spinners. I'm not thinking you will see them on my 4 wheeler. I wear my pants up where they belong, and so do my teenage boys.

Show up at the range where I am a frequent guest and I would love to shoot with you.

Old 03-24-2012, 05:03 AM   #13

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Who is Cody? Most likely another target of your slander. No I do not think this kind of "Flaming" has any place on a shooting forum. This is the sort of thing that ends up on Anti-gun forums. It is what it is, it is the sort of crap put out by the Brady Gun Control creeps. Do you know how many ranges are closed each year? This is the sorta help we do not need.

Old 03-24-2012, 05:05 AM   #14

Liked 346 Times on 222 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

OK, spinners. I'm not thinking you will see them on my 4 wheeler. I wear my pants up where they belong, and so do my teenage boys.

Show up at the range where I am a frequent guest and I would love to shoot with you.
I would hope not. I don't like spinners at all, their pretty pointless to me.
The only reason my pants are a little low is because when tied (wear jogging pants) they tend to dig into my bony hips, so I leave them a little loose.

But if I lived in the states and in the same area as you, I would gladly take you up on that offer. But as of now, I don't think I would be flying/driving down that way just for one shoot. Haha

Old 03-24-2012, 11:22 AM   #15
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21581 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

i believe the characters are a parody and a satire and describe a part of all of us in small ways. i know that some of the old guys ways kind of fit me in a small degree! i know we have some serious issues at stake within the firearms community, from overzealous politicians who are trying to restrict or even abolish the 2nd admendment, anti-gun idiots who passionately believe that an elimination of guns would solve crime rate statistics, the media who paints us as gun toting vigilantes roaming the streets looking for targets of opportunity. anyone with half a brain can tell this is a joke and made in jest, similar to what Saturday Night Live did for many years. yes, every once in a while, we do need to lighten up and have a laugh, even at ourselves. i believe we all have fit into one category or another at some point in our lives in the way we act at the shooting range. so i take the post for what it's worth, an amusing satire at how we all represent the shooting sports.

Old 03-24-2012, 11:34 AM   #16

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

I enjoyed the satire. Stereo types have some truth to them. Like most groups, shooters represent a large cross section of society, as it sould. The more diverse we are across the spectrum, the more our message about 2a rights gets heard. Some people may do more damage than good, I guess that's part of the equation.

NEVER FORGET

Last edited by downsouth; 03-24-2012 at 11:36 AM.

Old 03-24-2012, 12:01 PM   #17

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Anyone who compares the national struggle to keep ranges open to "Saturday Nite Live" needs to get involved. This is not fun satire it is being a "Gun Bigot". Why not post shooting positive satire? And by the way the very Liberal Saturday Nite Live crew you qoute is very anti-gun. This is the kind of thing they print in the Huffington Post. I wonder?

Old 03-24-2012, 12:03 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
I enjoyed the satire. Stereo types have some truth to them. Like most groups, shooters represent a large cross section of society, as it sould. The more diverse we are across the spectrum, the more our message about 2a rights gets heard. Some people may do more damage than good, I guess that's part of the equation.
this is true. the media and politicians will always throw up the small percentage of cases and not the overall picture to potray us, that's a given and there is nothing that can be done about that. we need to be as responsible and as safe as possible and represent gun owners in the best way we can. kind of like drag racing, many are safe and responsible racers who enjoy operating their vehicle as fast as possible in a safe manner on a dragstrip, but there are those who operate on the streets and public roads who endanger others, and they give a blackeye to all those people who enjoy driveing their cars fast in a drag race.

Old 03-24-2012, 01:11 PM   #19

Liked 1739 Times on 898 Posts
Likes Given: 1338

Geez Durango! And I haven’t even had my coffee yet! (Good morning troops)

Quote:
Who is Cody? Most likely another target of your slander.
Cody (or Jody, or Brody) is name of the kid in the ‘Grampa and Cody’, the first stereotype described. My facetious implication was that you took the post so personally because you took it to be about you.

Quote:
No I do not think this kind of "Flaming" has any place on a shooting forum.
I don’t know about other forums, but one of the things I like about FTF is that it is NOT an echo chamber of simplistic dogma. I’m sorry you thought it was flaming and were offended, but I do hope FTF continues to be a place of dialogue where members can and do challenge each other.

Quote:
This is the sort of thing that ends up on Anti-gun forums. It is what it is, it is the sort of crap put out by the Brady Gun Control creeps.
As it was stated in the OP, it came from a post in ‘Glock Talk’ which I don’t believe is a Brady Gun Control site. I also wouldn’t be surprised if there were caricatures of various anti-gun types on anti-gun forums.

Quote:
Do you know how many ranges are closed each year?
No I don’t, tell us. Given the trend of increasing pistol permits each year, I’d expect the number that are opened each year, is higher than the number that are closed.

Quote:
This is the sorta help we do not need.
Whose ‘we’? You? Well, you know what they say. “****’em if they can’t take a joke.”

To all; I’m sorry to have inflicted this response on you all, but FTF is too worthy a site to me to let someone attempt to foist their idea of what is, or is not, permissible to post.

To Durango; Should you want to reply to this in anything but the most general terms, send me a PM. I don’t believe personal arguments are appropriate, or permitted, in the open forum.

Last edited by Vincine; 03-25-2012 at 01:40 AM. Reason: Making good more English better!

Old 03-24-2012, 01:22 PM   #20

Quote:
Anyone who compares the national struggle to keep ranges open to "Saturday Nite Live" needs to get involved. This is not fun satire it is being a "Gun Bigot". Why not post shooting positive satire? And by the way the very Liberal Saturday Nite Live crew you qoute is very anti-gun. This is the kind of thing they print in the Huffington Post. I wonder?
Durango, it's an analogy! a comparison. i really don't give a rat's rearend if they are anti-gun or not. i watched them in the late 70's and wouldn't have even known the difference then. i way more involved in the preservation of gun rights and the 2nd admendment that you know. i am sorry you took such offence at my post and if you would like to post some satire that shows firearms in a positive light then you are free to do so and i myself would like to see it. man you do need to lighten up a bit, as i am a very serious type person and i even found it humorous.