The List of Offensive Range Stereotypes (long post). - Page 11
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > The List of Offensive Range Stereotypes (long post).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2012, 02:37 AM   #101
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8453 Times on 4897 Posts
Likes Given: 11020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
Nope. I can attest to every single thing I wrote. Take it or leave it. He is the biggest a hole on the range. It's like he hates every single person who dares show up when he's there.
The guys a lunatic. Everyone calls him 'spooky (insert his name)'.

Actually, when he tossed the tannerite, I screamed at him to stop. He gave me a dirty look and said '**** you'. Before shooting the tannerite.

At that moment I decided to never go shooting with him again.
If I had driven him there I would have bailed on him and left him there. Maybe.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:50 AM   #102
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

after reading some of these posts, i am so glad that i have my own private range at the house and that i also belong to a very exclusive private range that abhors idiots and morons!

i don't think i could endure some of these types of people for any length of time.

Old 10-11-2012, 04:52 AM   #103

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

At this indoor handgun-caliber-only, range I go to when it rains, there's always someone who decides that there going to position themselves in a way that every ejected round from their gun hits you in the face.

It's usually similar to the punk HiPoint kid, but without a girlfriend and a know it all attitude.

-Matt

Old 10-11-2012, 08:27 PM   #104

Liked 2544 Times on 1451 Posts
Likes Given: 1976

IMO the most offensive stereotype works at the range.

You guys have all met him, he doesn't care if you're

getting sprayed by some other jackhole's brass,

doesn't care if the retard in the next lane is shooting

your target, but he knows every obscure bylaw, and

safety sub-ordinance ever conceived, and he always

waits till the second you're ready to pull the trigger,

to enlighten you...

Old 10-12-2012, 05:45 AM   #105

Liked 184 Times on 134 Posts
Likes Given: 185

love it man!

yep I dress in tshirts, drive an F250 XL Yr 88, play country, I drink coffee out of my thermos, I usually wear camo pants (the multiple pockets come in handy), I usually take any where from 2 to 5 guns with me, 200 rounds for each gun, I'll talk to people ask them about anything that looks cool or looks useful, and I always get the end of the range away from anyone else so I can smoke while waiting for the cease fire, I watch out for major safety issues, and my range bag just has ammo, tape, an extra pack of smokes w./ lighter and any possible tools I might need.

I don't know where I fall but no ones ever complained about me that I know of and I generally try to help people if possible.

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Old 10-12-2012, 06:25 AM   #106

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I'm not sure what is funnier. The OP or the lack of a sense of humor that some other posters have (I'm sure they use to but lost it in some kind of tragic accident, so we probably shouldn't mock then).

I am sure that I fit a few of those stereotypes myself.

"This is not about land or money...but the one thing that no man should never be able to take from another man: the freedom to make his own choices about his life, where he'll live, how he'll live, how he'll raise his family. "

William Travis, The Alamo: 13 Days to Glory

Old 10-12-2012, 11:30 PM   #107

Liked 380 Times on 207 Posts
Likes Given: 30

You can also this type of critter that also inhabits the range and is THE last word in guns and knowledge,

The Unwanted Advice Giver,

Approaches people who are minding their own business and offers unsolicited and often unwanted advice about equipment, loads or technique or all of the above. Often an older chap who wears his trousers either hitched up around his neck or down low so the crotch is around his thighs and with the dragging cuffs of his Rivers or Target denim rolled up around his Rivers hikers. Delights in tiny groups on paper and powder puff loads, and is very conservative in his choice of equipment - anything that is too loud, too big or too far from blued steel and wood will bring a look of disdain. Believes less is more and has never pointed a firearm at an animal or even a "fun" reactive target is his whole life.

The ability to think and speak doesn't necessarily guarantee intelligence

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 10-12-2012, 11:50 PM   #108

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I happen to have a pair of rivers pants around here. Damn. They're comfortable.

Old 10-13-2012, 12:46 AM   #109
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3373 Times on 1879 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow View Post
I don't fit in at any pistol or urban range. If I don't see skeet towers and hear shotgun blasts I turn around. The urban skeet ranges are pretty lame. They all bought their clothes at the same shop. They have more safety rules than a bomb disposal unit. They think you will be killed if struck by a skeet coming out the low house. Excuse me while I head out to the rural range. I don't mind the extra hour of driving time.
We usually go out in the West desert here. First time I went to an actual range I probably fit the "victim" description, I still prefer to be out in the desert with my brothers that way we can shoot more than just pistols. And we don't have to worry about anyone else with the possible exception of my little sister, who turns around holding the shotgun, sweeps everyone while asking loudly where the safety is.

I still think I was adopted...

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 10-13-2012, 12:55 AM   #110

Liked 380 Times on 207 Posts
Likes Given: 30

The Keyboard Hunter/benchrester

Hardly ever goes to the range, owns only one $120 gun that constantly needs cleaning and oiling due to the damp environment his safe is subjected to.
Goes to ranges and keeps walking back and forth in the hope that someone will talk to him because he is wearing an XXXXL internet hunting forum T-Shirt.
Posts in the Politics section of Hunting Forums knowing someone will disagree if the post leans slightly left of the politics of Genghis Khan......
When he finally goes on a hunting trip range session, he shoots 100 photos from 20 angles for every bullet spent. He dissects any killed animals to find and photograph spent bullets up close, and reviews their performance online in 1000 words or more.

The ability to think and speak doesn't necessarily guarantee intelligence