The List of Offensive Range Stereotypes (long post). - Page 10
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > The List of Offensive Range Stereotypes (long post).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2012, 06:08 PM   #91
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 779 Times on 572 Posts
Likes Given: 227

Mosin. Holy crap! My cousin just bought one of those and I am going to the range with him. Thanks for the warning. I thought the mini 14 was bad.

"...from my cold dead hands" Charlton Heston & NRA
"He which hath no stomach to this fight,/ Let him depart." Henry V

Old 10-10-2012, 06:47 PM   #92
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8454 Times on 4898 Posts
Likes Given: 11022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
The lunatic. Shows up with a Barrett M82A1, and immediately sets up to the left of everyone. Before they even have a chance to realize what is happening, he unleashes a torrent of unholy hell, raining brass on the now deaf bystanders. Gets up and storms over to a lady picking up his .50 caliber brass, which incidentally, has been landing on her head for the past 4 minutes, and says loud enough for her children to hear. 'I don't ****ing think so.' Then snatches said brass from her hands before returning to his cannon. He shoots everyone else's target now because he's pissed.
For good measure, he tosses a can of tannerite about 10 feet in front of himself and in a display of his lunacy, blasts it with his FAL. Everyone at the range is starting to leave now, as they're deaf and now covered in dirt and debris from the mini Falluja they've just survived. Sure to be haunted by PTSD.
The lunatic notices the glare from his 'friends' and responds, defensively, 'what? **** them!' Then pulls out his Sig 226 and empties 16 rounds into the tree next to his lane.

Yeah, I was there... That was my 'friend', whom I never went shooting with again.
Oh my! And to think I was thinking you were making that up! You sure you aren't taking a little artistic license with that story?

The Horror! The Horror!

Old 10-10-2012, 06:58 PM   #93

Liked 2391 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Damn mosin

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 10-10-2012, 07:06 PM   #94
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Did they list the one about your buddy's braindead girlfriend who sweeps the ENTIRE shooting area and everyone there with YOUR new & loaded 45 pistol while yelling that it was "dang loud"?

Tarps can be helpful at informal ranges, for covering wet ground you might have to prone-out on and for recovering your brass and ultimately for covering the bodies.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 10-10-2012, 07:06 PM   #95

Liked 4152 Times on 2033 Posts
Likes Given: 802

Nope. I can attest to every single thing I wrote. Take it or leave it. He is the biggest a hole on the range. It's like he hates every single person who dares show up when he's there.
The guys a lunatic. Everyone calls him 'spooky (insert his name)'.

Actually, when he tossed the tannerite, I screamed at him to stop. He gave me a dirty look and said '**** you'. Before shooting the tannerite.

At that moment I decided to never go shooting with him again.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 10-10-2012, 07:09 PM   #96
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Nope. I can attest to every single thing I wrote. Take it or leave it. He is the biggest a hole on the range. It's like he hates every single person who dares show up when he's there.

Actually, when he tossed the tannerite, I screamed at him to stop. He gave me a dirty look and said '**** you'. Before shooting the tannerite.

Remember the basketball game in Cable Guy? Sounds like that, "prison rules".

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 10-10-2012, 07:25 PM   #97
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin
The lunatic. Shows up with a Barrett M82A1, and immediately sets up to the left of everyone. Before they even have a chance to realize what is happening, he unleashes a torrent of unholy hell, raining brass on the now deaf bystanders. Gets up and storms over to a lady picking up his .50 caliber brass, which incidentally, has been landing on her head for the past 4 minutes, and says loud enough for her children to hear. 'I don't ****ing think so.' Then snatches said brass from her hands before returning to his cannon. He shoots everyone else's target now because he's pissed.
For good measure, he tosses a can of tannerite about 10 feet in front of himself and in a display of his lunacy, blasts it with his FAL. Everyone at the range is starting to leave now, as they're deaf and now covered in dirt and debris from the mini Falluja they've just survived. Sure to be haunted by PTSD.
The lunatic notices the glare from his 'friends' and responds, defensively, 'what? **** them!' Then pulls out his Sig 226 and empties 16 rounds into the tree next to his lane.

Yeah, I was there... That was my 'friend', whom I never went shooting with again.
And somebody didn't shoot him???

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Old 10-10-2012, 07:38 PM   #98

Liked 4152 Times on 2033 Posts
Likes Given: 802

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade

And somebody didn't shoot him???
Ha! I was worried about that myself!

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 10-10-2012, 08:03 PM   #99
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8454 Times on 4898 Posts
Likes Given: 11022

Quote:

OK. You win. that is without a doubt the worst kind offensive range stereotype
bar none!!!!
Old 10-10-2012, 08:52 PM   #100

Liked 134 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 43

I don't fit in at any pistol or urban range. If I don't see skeet towers and hear shotgun blasts I turn around. The urban skeet ranges are pretty lame. They all bought their clothes at the same shop. They have more safety rules than a bomb disposal unit. They think you will be killed if struck by a skeet coming out the low house. Excuse me while I head out to the rural range. I don't mind the extra hour of driving time.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/