Let's see some pics of your range - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Let's see some pics of your range

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2009, 01:47 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
Is that a whale?
Nope just a fat chick..... Sorry I had to say it. The little guy on my shoulder made me say it.

Hey the rocks matt was telling you about are plucked and sold. We were landscaping our back yard back when I was in high school. We just drove out to that area and my mom got in the back of the pickup and we picked up the ones she liked. FREE now you have to buy them.

Old 07-04-2009, 03:30 PM   #32

Here is the Eucalapetis Rimfire Range Corning Ca.

misc-005.jpg

Here you can see the 25 yard spinner, 50 yard target and berm, 100 yard spinners and right next to them are about 5 digger squirrels. Oh and at the bottom is the Range muscle She can't hear all that good or see that good but she still likes to be out there when we are shooting.
misc-011.jpg

Here is looking back up range from about 75 yards down range. I am standing right infront of the pond.
misc-023.jpg

Here are the range trac-tractors that too all the plowing and heavy work.
misc-016.jpg

These are the 100 yard spinners that my brother made...
misc-021.jpg

Old 07-04-2009, 03:54 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
It is my fat, orange cat's name; if i ever get a yellow lab, it will be named Lemonjello.
That's funny! I had a Black Lab once, good luck with that.

The people across the street from me, have a Yellow Lab. They have to chase it down at least once a day. I laugh every time. Just this week, while I was painting the house, it got loose, I told the lady that, I've been there, done that about 15 yrs. ago.

Maybe now, I'll buy a cat and make it fat like Garfield.

Old 07-04-2009, 11:34 PM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR762 View Post
Maybe now, I'll buy a cat and make it fat like Garfield.
Orangello was in the mid-twenty pound range for a while, but with more outdoor time, he is back around 18 or 19 pounds. He's still a big fella, but a bit less jiggly.

Tango, is that the dog from the careening pickup truck story? Very nice tractors; around here, there are special tractor pull competitions for older/antique models; my brother-in-law has an old Oliver that does well. These are not arena shows, just some 'necks with their kids having a little competitive fun.

The rocks made me think of all the stories from Ireland about the walls around the fields coming from the fields.

Last edited by orangello; 07-04-2009 at 11:37 PM.

Old 07-19-2009, 08:02 PM   #35

Those are all great outdoor ranges, I shoot on a 3 lane 25 yard indoor range it would be great to have all of that room to set up whatever you want. I guess it is better than nothing. Great pics keep them coming.

Old 07-19-2009, 08:31 PM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I wonder, bowling seems to have lost some of its popularity in some areas; i wonder if anyone has converted a bowning alley into an indoor range? That would seem like a relatively easy swap, and the overhead-projecting scoresheets could be fun.

Old 07-19-2009, 08:39 PM   #37

Liked 1166 Times on 699 Posts
Likes Given: 367

Anyone have video cameras at their range? I've always thought that instead of using a spotters scope that installing cameras down range would be a better idea. Put it on the overhead like Orangello is talking about with bowling alley's. That way everyone can see and it doesn't require equipment some don't have, it would probably be a better picture too.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 07-19-2009, 11:51 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Orangello was in the mid-twenty pound range for a while, but with more outdoor time, he is back around 18 or 19 pounds. He's still a big fella, but a bit less jiggly.

Tango, is that the dog from the careening pickup truck story? Very nice tractors; around here, there are special tractor pull competitions for older/antique models; my brother-in-law has an old Oliver that does well. These are not arena shows, just some 'necks with their kids having a little competitive fun.

The rocks made me think of all the stories from Ireland about the walls around the fields coming from the fields.
The small black dog is the one that had her butthole pouching out.

Old 07-27-2009, 01:10 PM   #39

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Hey you guys are provoking mega-envy here in deprived aussies everywhere. Can't imagine what it would be like to be able to shoot whenever you wanted! And on your own land! (without being a designated 'primary producer' first). That must be completely awesome

[Hey cp, I'd shoot at eucalypts too if I had the chance Gum trees really annoy me (drab colouring, no shade in summer to speak of, ground covered in uncomfortable gumnuts). Lucky huh I'm surrounded by the bastards lol]

my local range:

and from the air: