Learned something new

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Learned something new

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2012, 08:51 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 34 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Learned something new

I took a trip to the range today, and discovered something I had not figured out before. I noticed that the first couple groups were way off, and figured out that I was leaning back when firing. I never noticed this before. As soon as I got a better stance and stood strait, my groups improved alot. I also rented a G17, and it was the first pistol I have ever shot besides my Sig .22. I put 50 rounds through the glock, and about 300 through the sig. Below are my groups with the glock and my best groups with the sig. I think I did just as well if not better with the glock than the sig. Groups at 7 yards.

Last edited by Cshooter; 03-07-2012 at 09:23 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-07-2012, 09:12 PM   #2

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Interesting, to me it looks like you shoot significantly better with the Block I mean Glock

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 03-07-2012, 09:16 PM   #3

Liked 34 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113 View Post
Interesting, to me it looks like you shoot significantly better with the Block I mean Glock
Thats what I thought too. I can say that the sights on the glock were easier for me to see and line up. Honestly some of my shots with the sig, I found myself saying, where the hell did that go?