Ladies at the range - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Ladies at the range

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2012, 03:36 PM   #31
fmj
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJK View Post
My experience w/ females at the range - HORRIBLE!!

I USED to go to a .gov ran range about 40 min. from my house until the following.

I unload my gear and start setting up when I notice an attractive female shooting a handgun a few lanes over. She's there w/ a couple other women ranging from what I would guess to be early to mid twenties. Refreshing to say the least at this range which is usually populated by old men.

I start to shoot but can hear the girl going on and on (magical electronic ear pro). I glance down to where they are at and she's giving "advice" to the other shooters. A few minutes pass and in my peripheral line of site I see movement. I of course stop and look. This girl is about 10 yards past the line at a 25 yard range. "Are you kidding me!" Oh it gets better, much better.

Later on a cease fire is called so targets can be change. I usually put up 2 targets so it takes me a little longer. BANG BANG BANG! I look up and it's that girl. I have been shot at enough that it doesn't really startle me but it does still piss me off. I yelled HEY a couple times w/ my arms out as to say WTF. One of the other girls looked at me and said, "what" in this clueless no brain cell sort of fashion. She then tapped the shooter on the shoulder and let her know the situation. The girl that was shooting almost mimicked the first to the T w/ her response. Clueless.

I finished putting up my target and returned to shooting.

Where the hell was the paid .gov park ranger and why the hell did nobody say anything to this girl. The range was at max capacity so it wasn't like it was just us.

It's probably more of an issue of her and her friends than the fact that they were female but that is my females at the range story.
I have seen this happen with guys at a range as well.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 05-16-2012, 03:57 PM   #32

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj

I have seen this happen with guys at a range as well.
Which is the reason for the last sentence of my post.

Old 05-16-2012, 04:01 PM   #33
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Inexperience and stupidity are definitely not sex based traits.
Statistically speaking women are better shooters. I think because guys get retracted by them. lol

I don't need No stinking signature.