Kitchen table range report
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Kitchen table range report

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2011, 03:10 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 325 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 63

Default Kitchen table range report

Finally got the new rest done at work and due to the weather situation this weekend, my boy and I had to get a feel for it at the kitchen table. Some of you might have looked at the thread for the last rest, this is a pic from that post.

I decided to build another after a couple of suggestions and still wanted the ability to have the capture rest features and the windage adjustments. This rest was built around the idea of shooting .22s from it but it is secure enough that it should handle some of the smaller centerfire calibers. Here is the new front rest only:

I'm using a paper towel to protect the gun but will be getting pads for it. There is a post on the front to attach a piece of acetal for a front gun stop. I have to cut it a bit shorter. I can't bring a gun to work for fitting so my first effort was a guesstimate.

It also has the ability to secure a front bag in it and tighten it between the uprights securely. Here is a pic of it in that mode:

Now all I need is a good solid table and I'll be all set.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-14-2011, 03:13 AM   #2

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Nicely done sir!

So when is the first batch with FirearmtsTalk.com logos going to be available for supporting members?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 05-14-2011, 03:28 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 325 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 63

Missed a pic. Here's one of my oldest boy behind the rifle.

Old 05-14-2011, 05:49 PM   #4
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1179 Times on 678 Posts
Likes Given: 568

Both are very nice,and well constructed rest.You would have no problem selling a few of those to people on this forum.

I'd say that you have some very lucky students,with the skills that you have in crafting metals.