Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Kimber SIS Custom--- Range report

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2009, 12:09 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 12

quite nice targets considering it's a 1911!

i'm kidding, i work on a plan myself, involving a target stainless ll. i must get the price right,then...bang!

stainlesstarget-kimber.jpg  

Old 11-08-2009, 04:49 PM   #12

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockmaniac View Post
quite nice targets considering it's a 1911!

i'm kidding, i work on a plan myself, involving a target stainless ll. i must get the price right,then...bang!
Do it Glockmaniac! You wont look back!
I learned how to shoot with a Glock. The G21 is a great weapon I've put thousands of rounds through. I got used to frontsite-bang-bang shooting double taps. I got pretty fast&accurate with it over the 7years i had it (+3yrs G22)......but
Ive only got 250rds through the 1911 and Im faster and more accurate than I ever was with the G21. This thing point shoots like a dream.
Its almost like you draw, think about where you want to hit and bang-bang two rounds CM in a group the size of your fist so fast it sounds like a full auto burst. Its like it was made to dbl tap.
Take the split second to take a flash front sight-picture and I can almost fire aimed faster than I could dbltap the G21.
Thats with 250rds through it, Im still getting used to the light crisp trigger. Its feels like clicking a ballpoint pen. I still sometimes roll into it too soon when taking a flash site-picture. My finger still wants to "stage" the trigger sometimes like it did when I was shooting the Glock.
A little more ammo downrange will hopefully remedy that

Im not trying to brag, hope it doesn't come off that way. Im just excited about the results I've gotten in the short time I've had it!
My brothers JD,Cane,Jack,Skull, thanks for the all the help and the compliments

Old 11-08-2009, 05:29 PM   #13

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Great firearm and great shooting Gatekeeper! That's a winner!

Old 11-10-2009, 05:03 AM   #14

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Cool Gun..I love Kimber Pistols..I really wanted that Compact .45 SIS before i bought my Glock 21SF...But since I did my conversion to a 50cal on my Glock 21 Frame..there is no way im turning back..