Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   Range Report (
-   -   Kimber Eclispe Custom II 10 mm (

tlb017 11-15-2010 10:01 PM

Kimber Eclispe Custom II 10 mm
Well after waiting almost 2 months to actually pick up my new "toy" I was able to get her and bring her home! I am the proud papa to a new Kimber 10mm. I have been looking to add to my Kimber collection and my dealer found this one for me since it was going to take 8-12 months on order from Kimber.

Well I picked up about 250 rounds of ammo, 200 grain ball ammo, two extra mags, wiped the lacquer/oil residue off and put a fresh coat and off to the range I went

Now I will be honest in that I have never shot the 10mm before this time, so I didn't fully know what to expect, but I fell in love after the first round. I can already tell I will be reloading this round to save some $$. The Kimber has a clean crisp trigger (as all of my Kimbers do) with minimal barrel rise. I was hitting all over the 8''X11" sheet of paper for the first mag until I figured out where I needed to make some minor adjustments. After that I had no problem grouping 9 rounds in a 3"1/2" circle at 25 yrds, yeah I am sure there are way better shooters than me but I figure this is decent for me.;)

Anyway out of the 250 rounds I only had one failure to feed around the 150th round, I field stripped it, wiped it down and dabbed a lil oil on everything and away we went again with no more issues. I hope to get another 250 rounds through by the end of the month to complete my break in, but really I can't complain since I have only had the one issue in the first 250 rounds.

So far I am loving this round so much more than the 40 sw. I could not hit the broad side of a barn with the 40 for some reason. It was just me and after 1k rounds I gave up and sold my 40 figuring if I cant shoot it somewhat accurately I didn't want it. Anyway here are a few photos of the new toy at the range.

Dillinger 11-15-2010 10:09 PM

Really good looking pistol you have there. Sounds like a great range day to be honest. Only one issue out of a brand new pistol for your first outing.

Congrats on the 'new" addition.

IGETEVEN 11-15-2010 10:19 PM

Very nice, all steel, Kimber 10mm...congrats and happy shooting! :D

tlb017 11-15-2010 10:24 PM

Yeah I have been to the range with a few other guns that would hang up every few rounds so I would have to say this was a great day at the range :D

Gojubrian 11-15-2010 10:33 PM

That's an awesome looking Kimber, I really like the finish. Thanks for the report. :)

willfully armed 11-16-2010 03:34 AM

That things garbage....sell it to me?

RugerShootinGal 11-16-2010 03:37 AM

That is a beautiful Kimber!!!! I really like that.:)

spittinfire 11-16-2010 03:40 AM

Beautiful pistol!

danf_fl 11-16-2010 09:59 AM

Are you using .45 mags for the 10mm? Even if I bent the lips, I could never get those to work for my 10mm.

Change the recoil spring regularly.

tlb017 11-18-2010 12:05 AM

Thanks everyone, I have to say I almost like this one better than my 45 acp :D

Originally Posted by willfully armed (Post 387245)
That things garbage....sell it to me?

LOL, sure thing, but I charge a small finders fee ;), hehehe

Originally Posted by danf_fl (Post 387391)

Are you using .45 mags for the 10mm? Even if I bent the lips, I could never get those to work for my 10mm.

Change the recoil spring regularly.

No I have the factory mag that came with it, Kimber seems to only want to give you one with anything you purchase from them, I purchased 2 Chip Mc 40 sw/10 mm mags at 30 bucks a piece. I have always had pretty good reliability with Chip mags. I don't trust myself trying to tweak a ACP mag and making it work.

Thanks for the info on the spring, I have heard a few folks having issues at around 1k rounds and it was due to the spring.