Kel-tec p11
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Kel-tec p11

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2012, 04:25 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

Went to the range with my friend today and shot his late 90s p-11 what a piece of crap Iean the words are just not here what a crappy weapon what is that like a 17 pound trigger pull he was trying to sell it to me I said if give him 20 bucks

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-14-2012, 04:47 AM   #2

Liked 4886 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead396 View Post
Went to the range with my friend today and shot his late 90s p-11 what a piece of crap Iean the words are just not here what a crappy weapon what is that like a 17 pound trigger pull he was trying to sell it to me I said if give him 20 bucks
It's a 12 pound trigger and yes, Kel Tech's are know for there very heavy DA Pull. Despite the trigger, this gun set the stage for mid/high capacity full caliber sub compacts. It was a post ban design and thus limited the flush mag capacity to 10 rounds but Kel Tech got around this by engineering there pistol to accept grandfathered S&W 14 round mags and an excellent mag sleeve that provided a fill grip.

I owned and carried this sidearm occasionally for about 3 years. While the trigger did leave a lot to be desired I found it to be 100% reliable and a trustworth CCW Piece.

Tack

Old 08-14-2012, 12:59 PM   #3

Liked 181 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 407

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead396 View Post
What did he say about the offer? lol

Old 08-14-2012, 05:41 PM   #4

Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoey

What did he say about the offer? lol
Said he wants at least 100? But it doesn't seem worth it opinions?

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"

Old 08-14-2012, 06:09 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I had one, and it was terrible. The only possible good about this pos is if a bad guy gets a hold of it he may not be able to shoot you with it.

dfergus8

Old 08-14-2012, 07:20 PM   #6

Liked 91 Times on 67 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead396

Said he wants at least 100? But it doesn't seem worth it opinions?
I'd pass on it at $100

Old 09-01-2012, 02:24 AM   #7

Liked 64 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I got one and like it. Shoots every time I pull the trigger. Bit it tuck sever hundred rounds at the range to get use to the trigger and then aeveral hundred more to get accures with it. I like it because their is a very low chance of a accidential discharge. A firend of mine had a close call with a glock

Old 09-01-2012, 03:17 AM   #8

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I have a newer version of the P11 and while the trigger pull is still high (8 1/2 lbs) it is very managable. I carry it quite often, somtimes as a pocket carry. Mine has over 1000 rounds through it and the only problems have been with S&B ammo. All other ammo, no problems.
Tim

The Second Amendment makes all the others possible.

Old 09-01-2012, 03:33 AM   #9
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2108 Times on 1156 Posts
Likes Given: 629

You can change the springs and reduce the trigger pull. I had one of the older ones with the changed springs and it was less than the new 8.5 lb pull. The dealer I bought it from changed the springs as part of the sale. I put over 6k rounds through it with only one failure due to a bad primer. Mostly commercial reloads. I made the mistake of trading it for a PF9 which I did not keep long. I got a newer P11 and it just was not the same. Traded it in on a Ruger SR9c for my wife.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I am not older than dirt but the rocks were bigger and there were more of them when I was a kid.