Kahr CW9
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Kahr CW9

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2011, 05:21 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Kahr CW9

So recently I decided that I wanted to start carrying something a little bigger than my little LCP,but i just didn't like carrying my Glock 19 all the time.It's just to bulky for someone with a slightly thinner than average frame like myself ,and it would print bad unless I wore a heavy sweatshirt.I found myself leaving it at home and just stuffing the LCP in my pocket,with a pocket holster of course, and out the door i went.

I had my eyes on the Ruger LC9 for a while now,and figured now is the time,so off to the gun store!!!!!! I stood over the case enjoying all the eye candy for a few minutes before one of the guys behind the counter came over and snapped me out of my trance.I told him i was lookin' for a small 9mm,and i was leaning towards an LC9.He then pulled out the LC9, a big old fat Sig,and then out from hiding behind a Taurus something or other comes the CW9.

I didn't even look at the Sig,it was even bigger than my G19,not what i was looking for.I grabbed the LC9 first,felt good in my hand,but it just didn't feel like the one.I tend to like a lower profile gun,don't really know why,I just do.The trigger felt good but I'm not really picky when it comes to triggers just as long as they aren't super heavy.I picked up the Kahr and compared size,almost identical but the Kahr is slightly longer.I set the LC9 back on the case and got my grip on the Kahr,instantly i knew this was the one.It fit my hand perfect and it had a low profile just like i like.The fact that it didn't have a loaded chamber indicator or a magazine disconnect safety was a huge plus to me.

After playing with the Kahr for a minute i compared prices:LC9 $359.99 not bad,CW9 $374.99. I then looked back at the sales guy and said "Why don't you give me some paperwork to fill out".He then went to the back room to get the case and few short minutes later i was out the door.

Took it to the range that evening,put 150 rounds down range without even one little hiccup.Went to the range again tonight and put another 100 through it and still flawless.

I'm not a very good pistol shooter,by that i mean i suck,but here is a 7 round group from 10yds. from tonight.

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America,and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation, under God, indivisible,
With Liberty and Justice for all.

Last edited by subie-jeep; 09-18-2011 at 05:59 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-18-2011, 05:23 AM   #2

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

just a few pics for size comparison

G19

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America,and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation, under God, indivisible,
With Liberty and Justice for all.

Last edited by subie-jeep; 09-18-2011 at 05:49 AM.

Old 09-18-2011, 10:14 AM   #3

Good choice. A friend had one a while back, and after buying a CM9 for my wife, I tried to buy it from him, but he had already sold it. It's a really good size, and shoots very well in my experience. It's got enough grip that those not used to having their pinky finger hanging off the grip on the PM/CM series will like it. What are you carrying it in? I can reccomend the Crossbreed Supertuck for any semi-auto. I hide a Glock 23 every day under a t-shirt in one, and I'm 6'2, 200lbs. So long as you wear a good, sturdy belt and keep your pants where they're supposed to be, there are no issues with it. Good shooting by the way. Get yourself an extra mag and train hard.

Old 09-18-2011, 02:50 PM   #4

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts

I carry my CW-9 every day. I only pocket my LCP for church. I use a Hogue Handall Jr. on my CW-9. I like the tacky grip and molded fit. The slight added bulk sits just above my belt, so the gun still feels good on my hip. I use a Holster King holster. That holster will fit just about any gun CW-9 and bigger.

Old 12-21-2011, 12:21 PM   #5

Enjoy! Have the original all steel K9, the CW45 and the CM9. All have been flawless with over 300 rds FMJ and HPs through each. Now they're bringing out the CM40 and most likely a CM45. Thanks Kahr for making them affordable for everyone.