Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Just Finished my Saiga 308

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2011, 07:45 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Just Finished my Saiga 308

Bought a Saiga in 308 awhile back. Shot it a couple of times but wasn't thrilled with he way it handled. So I saved my bucks and slowley converted her. Had to be carefull about 922r, finally collapsable stock,pistol grip (Tapco parts) and some american made Hi-Cap mags. Finished with a Millet DMS 1-4 scope.
The donut/dot reticle made getting a good sight picture easy and quick. Had the guys at the range bore site the scope. Went to the 50 yd line to see if I was on paper. Three shots two almost touching on line no verticle stringing. Dialed the scope down about a foot put the next three in the bull. Dialed the scope back up about 6" so that i would shoot a little high estimating a 200 hundred yard zero.
Fired several more groups with Monarch FMJ 150 gr all groups were between 1/2 and 3/4 inch. Opened up a little at 100 yard range mainly due to the poor trigger pull which will obviously be my next improvement. Overall pleased with the way the project turned out. Don't know who makes Monarch Ammo for Academy here in Texas but it doesn't shoot bad for 8.00 dollars a box ammo.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-03-2011, 01:06 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5468 Times on 2855 Posts
Likes Given: 354

have you tried the millet at longer ranges like 200-300yds?? if so how does that big circle reticle work for ya that far out??

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 06-03-2011, 02:29 AM   #3

Default Millet Reticle

Before I purchased the Millet DMS I looked at several other 1-4 power scopes.
The Millet reticle and the way it dials up and down is really cool. Looked at UTG, Konus, and couple of others. CTD had the best price and with a 1 MOA dot it really keeps the group size down even at the longer ranges. In addition Millit has two horizontal lines and one verticle outside of the donut these really help get the scope mounted level and keep you from canting the rifle while shooting.
Will be adding one of these to my Model 1 AR which currently has a straight 4 power in a tilt mount for the 20" HBAR and an EOTECH on the M4 upper.
With the DMS when you dial it down to 1 it is a true 1 turn on the illumination and you have a functional aim point. Dial it up when you need to reach a little further. Only gripe I have is you can't use it BUIS th rear optic bell is two large and there is not enough eye relief to mount the scope further fwd.

Last edited by Secondamendment; 06-03-2011 at 02:33 AM. Reason: not quite finished

Old 06-03-2011, 03:03 AM   #4
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1155 Times on 667 Posts
Likes Given: 556

What,No pictures?
SA,What range do you go shoot at?Your near me,and I see your out of Godley.I work out of Godley.

It sounds like your happy with your Saiga,I used to have one in 223.

We'll have to get together and go shooting sometime,if you'd like to.

Old 06-03-2011, 03:50 AM   #5

Default Saiga Photo OP

I'm working on posting some pics, I shoot better than I am a techno geek when it comes to uploading jpg. I need a USB cord for my camera and then I'll post pictures of my 2 projects.

Old 06-03-2011, 04:00 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Pics or it didn't happen.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 06-03-2011, 04:57 PM   #7

Default Saiga 308 photo

Hope this works

101_0359.jpg   101_0360.jpg  

Old 06-03-2011, 05:00 PM   #8

Default Secondamendment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secondamendment View Post
Hope this works
The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed

Old 06-03-2011, 05:14 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

It looks pretty darn good to me.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 06-14-2011, 05:43 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secondamendment View Post
The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed
quote that led to Texas Independance from the people of Goliad to Santa Anna 'Come and take it'

'the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed'.

famous qoute from the people of Goliad TX to the Dictator Santa Anna 'come and take it' regarding the towns cannon.