An Interesting Day At The Range...

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > An Interesting Day At The Range...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2013, 12:58 AM   #1

Default An Interesting Day At The Range...

While at the local range today, there were two grey haired gentlemen, probably retired and probably former bosses as they refused to obey the range rules. I only suppose that because they seemed to be the type that barks out rules rather than follow them. They acted as though the rules did not apply to them. During a cease fire, they just stood by their table and continued to fool around with ammo, and whatnot. They refused to get behind the yellow line as the range officer requested. After a few yells from the range officer, they complied. During the next cease fire; same thing. They refused to get behind the yellow line. The range officer told them that if they refused to comply the next time, they will be asked to leave. Well, guess what? At the 3rd cease fire, they didn't move and continued to fool around with their guns. Then, all hell broke loose as the range officer just lost it and demanded that they gather up their stuff and leave. They stood there in total disbelief until the range officer said the next step was to call the sheriff's office. So, they gathered up their stuff and left. Man that was fun to watch. I wonder how some guys can live to retirement and be as ignorant as a pile of rocks. But, we now have a range officer who has some guts and I feel safer there now. BTW, the range officer is a woman. When she started there a few weeks ago, some guys had no respect for her at all. They do now.
CT

shadecorp Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-19-2013, 01:04 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1855 Times on 1038 Posts
Likes Given: 1231

I am a boss. I have had hundreds of people work for me over the last 13 years. Most bosses follow rules. If they didn't they would not have become bosses.

I have no respect for people that do not respect authority.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

People Like This 
Old 01-19-2013, 01:06 AM   #3

Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Thats awesome cottontop.....and yeah you dont necessarily need to paint them with a broad brushstroke. Dumb ignorant people are everywhere!

Old 01-19-2013, 01:31 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 880 Times on 532 Posts
Likes Given: 199

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
I am a boss. I have had hundreds of people work for me over the last 13 years. Most bosses follow rules. If they didn't they would not have become bosses.

I've notice an interesting phenomenon watching people move through management over the years. Many will move to middle management level based on bravado. Few that will move beyond that level are usually those that know when to turn it off.

Old 01-19-2013, 01:51 AM   #5

Default range rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post

Oh come on. You know what I mean. That's just the first thing that popped into my head as I have had some bosses in the past that reminded me of those two. Just substitute "bosses" with any title you want, and for you it will fit. At the same time I have had some very good bosses that I still respect after all of these years.
CT

Old 01-19-2013, 02:36 AM   #6

Liked 114 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 111

Could have been a disrespect for women. You said they were old duffers. Some of those suffer that.

And some old duffers are accustomed to doing what ever they want - rules were fewer a bunch of years ago. You know... today's rules - well... they just don't apply...

But it's interesting. Thanks for passing it along.

Last edited by Colby; 01-19-2013 at 02:39 AM.

Old 01-19-2013, 04:57 PM   #7

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts

This is the exact reason I am joining my local FOP range, they make people follow the rules or your sent packing. The public range I use is getting ridiculous. I had some slobs next to me the other day who thought it was perfectly fine to shoot at any and every target down range! A couple weeks before that some tool decided to just up and go check his target while people were firing!!!

Old 01-20-2013, 02:10 AM   #8
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2011 Times on 1094 Posts
Likes Given: 602

They were not gentlemen. A gentleman would show respect for the rules and others.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I am who I am and your approval is not needed.

Old 01-20-2013, 02:18 AM   #9

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

I bet they voted for Obama and belonged to a Big Labor Unions.

Old 01-20-2013, 06:48 PM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
I bet they voted for Obama and belonged to a Big Labor Unions.
I was a "big union" worker and Never voted for Obama! I know so many union workers that never voted Obama either. Let's not generalize any shooters. We need to be united and not divisive. Calling out specific shooters/instances is good. Assuming motives and denigrating large groups is not. Let's not be like the anti-gunners and,anti 2nders .