I got a pistol as a gift!!!
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > I got a pistol as a gift!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2010, 02:36 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default I got a pistol as a gift!!!

A few weeks ago I started looking at some small autos in .380 ACP. I even asked you guys for sugestions; here is my original post:

Quote:
I have been looking for a small auto pistol. Perferably one as small as my Taurus PT-22. I love the size of this gun,
but a 22 is a poor self-defense round and the weapon is not reliable at all. I can't go for twenty rounds before a
jam. I already have a S&W m36 that a often carry but I really want a small auto.

The problem is that I am retired from the NYPD because I was shot in the hand and I have had reconstructive
surgerys to repair my hand. This has made racking a slide difficult and painful. I tried my friend's Kel-tec .380
and the recoil is stout for such a small gun and for a smaller caliber than my .38 special. So I started looking
at .32 acp models. I looked at the Beretta Tomcat because with tip-up pistols I don't have to manipulate
the slide. My son, however, said that it may have the same problems as my Taurus because of the similar
design (no extractor).

He suggested a walther ppk in 380 or .32 acp, or the walther pk-380. I think that is still too large though.

Does anyone have any better suggestions?

I really want it to be small and low recoil. I know that those two groups can be exclusive categories but it is
still what I am looking for, sorry for being difficult, .

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/looking-small-auto-31730/
After all of the recommendations I tried to scout ranges that had all of the guns. I found
one range that had a Bersa 380 (I figured it was clost to the walther ppk that I was
going to find to test) and a Sig 238. And I found a different range that had the Kel-tec 32.
After I shot them all I really liked the Bersa the best. It was easy to shoot and very accurate.
I told my son that this was the one I was going to buy.

Well, he surprised me yesterday with this:

no-sn-16-.380-acp-bersa-thunder-1.jpg
no-sn-17-.380-acp-bersa-thunder-2.jpg

I may be a former Police officer but I am a woman and like my guns to be pretty (my son knows
that) I have a pink Sig and my S&W m36 has pink hogue grips. He said that when he saw this,
he knew it was for me. This gun is great. It is a little larger than what I was looking for but the
extra weight was appreciated. The weapon hurt alot less than the other small polymer models I
tested. Again thanks for the help everyone.

Here are some groups at 25 yards:

grouping-26-.380-acp-bersa-thunder.jpg
grouping-27-.380-acp-bersa-thunder.jpg

Uphold the Law Sleep with a Cop

Be warned: I'm female, armed, and backed by law - Retired LEO

Last edited by RetiredLEO; 10-02-2010 at 02:45 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-02-2010, 03:21 AM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

nice shooting

"If guns cause crime then all of mine are defective." -Ted Nugent

Old 10-02-2010, 03:43 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

That's wonderful and very sweet of your son. I think you'll really like the Bersa.

Be careful with which cleaners you use. The finish on the slide is a bit delicate. I cleaned mine with Gun Scrubber and it softened the finish and even removed a little bit. This is just something that's part of owning a Bersa, the finish isn't quite as durable as some other manufacturers. Hoppe's and the regular cleaners should be fine.

However, it's a great pistol and should be a good shooter for you. They give a lot of quality and dependability for the money.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 10-02-2010, 05:14 AM   #4

Liked 35 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 5

That is a beautiful pistol! You did some awesome shooting too!!

I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger
ain't skeered

Old 10-02-2010, 06:07 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

LEO, I sent you a PM.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 10-02-2010, 06:51 AM   #6

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Gotta love those kids!

I have the same Bersa (minus the bling) and really like it. Great little shooter.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 10-02-2010, 11:45 AM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Nice pistol it should be a great shooter about the size of the Walther PPK/s. Nice size and weight.

“There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period.” Ted Nugent

Old 10-02-2010, 03:01 PM   #8

Liked 2079 Times on 1146 Posts
Likes Given: 1369

I have the same gun. But mine is all black. It is really reliable. Great shooter. Enjoy.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 10-02-2010, 06:44 PM   #9

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Great shooting and Pretty gun too.

I was just thinking of how many rounds went through that one ragged hole.

The only 357 magnum to me is the Ruger Security Six!!

Old 10-02-2010, 09:35 PM   #10

Thank's love the gold accents.. Great little shooter and easy carry.

Uphold the Law Sleep with a Cop

Be warned: I'm female, armed, and backed by law - Retired LEO