I got a new gun....... - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report >

I got a new gun.......


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2012, 02:45 AM   #41
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
winds-of-change's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 25,600
Liked 8941 Times on 5348 Posts
Likes Given: 11956

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by g17frantz View Post
Nice purchase winds. Ya done good girl, ya done good. As much as I hate to admit it, the pink looks pretty good on it
It's not pink. It's red. Look at the stock photo I posted. I know my cell phone pictures are terrible. It's the same color as it's rosewood grips.
__________________
Honor Student: School of Hard Knocks
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritatus
winds-of-change is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 04:37 AM   #42
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JonM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rochester WI,Rochester WI
Posts: 19,282
Liked 6835 Times on 3634 Posts
Likes Given: 513

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
And she shoots like a dream. It was reeaally close between the LCP and the P238. It was a tough decision.
Congrats!! you made a better choice.

I will ding you on shooting it before you cleaned it!! clean the magazine as well as the gun itself. Shipping oils and grease can be nasty on a new firearm.

I approve the color choice!!
__________________
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent
JonM is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 04:40 AM   #43
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
g17frantz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Centralia, MO
Posts: 1,361
Liked 42 Times on 34 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

It's not pink. It's red. Look at the stock photo I posted. I know my cell phone pictures are terrible. It's the same color as it's rosewood grips.
Hahahahaha I'm a douche. Red is nice too
__________________
GOFFA Council Member
Gun Owners For a Free America

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy
g17frantz is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 04:43 AM   #44
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
winds-of-change's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 25,600
Liked 8941 Times on 5348 Posts
Likes Given: 11956

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Congrats!! you made a better choice.

I will ding you on shooting it before you cleaned it!! clean the magazine as well as the gun itself. Shipping oils and grease can be nasty on a new firearm.

I approve the color choice!!
I accept that ding. I asked a couple people if they clean their brand new gun before shooting it and I was told "No". Remember, I'm learning and if I'm given bad info, then I don't know it's bad. I'm getting my nerve up to take it apart to clean it. Remember the incident with the Mark II when I put a new thumb safety on it?
__________________
Honor Student: School of Hard Knocks
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritatus
winds-of-change is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:26 PM   #45
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JonM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rochester WI,Rochester WI
Posts: 19,282
Liked 6835 Times on 3634 Posts
Likes Given: 513

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I accept that ding. I asked a couple people if they clean their brand new gun before shooting it and I was told "No". Remember, I'm learning and if I'm given bad info, then I don't know it's bad. I'm getting my nerve up to take it apart to clean it. Remember the incident with the Mark II when I put a new thumb safety on it?
Ya but your a fast learner and the sig is a little easier to field strip you shouldnt have any trouble.
__________________
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent
JonM is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 03:13 PM   #46
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DodgerBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Maricopa county, AZ
Posts: 769
Liked 81 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
It's not pink. It's red. Look at the stock photo I posted. I know my cell phone pictures are terrible. It's the same color as it's rosewood grips.
Dang winds, a little hard on the guy, lol.
__________________
Loyalty can't be bought at any price;
but it can be rented remarkably cheaply.
DodgerBlue is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 04:27 PM   #47
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
vincent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: MLF
Posts: 4,122
Liked 1961 Times on 1033 Posts
Likes Given: 4288

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Yeah, I thought about the possibility of limp wristing, too, but why only on the last round in the mag? I'll pay more attention to that next time.

Sweat Pea is a very nice name. I will seriously consider that one. Nothing has quite hit me yet.
Here's my .02 on the last round ftf and limp wristing...with a full mag you have some counterweight to absorb recoil/muzzle flip. As you shoot, that counterweight in your palm is getting lighter one shot at a time. As the last round chambers you have the least amount of counterweight of all the shots and this might be why you get an ftf on just that last shot...did that make any sense to you?

As the others have said, get past the initial break in and go from there.

Hope that helps...
__________________
EFFIN' TOF...
vincent is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:26 PM   #48
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,922
Liked 9088 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post
Here's my .02 on the last round ftf and limp wristing...with a full mag you have some counterweight to absorb recoil/muzzle flip. As you shoot, that counterweight in your palm is getting lighter one shot at a time. As the last round chambers you have the least amount of counterweight of all the shots and this might be why you get an ftf on just that last shot...did that make any sense to you?

As the others have said, get past the initial break in and go from there.

Hope that helps...
Absolutely, and very well put. It would be good to know if her wrist is causing the FTF, even if it does go away after the break-in. Her groups are pretty tight right now, and if she is limp-wristing at all and "corrects" it she might tighten the groups up even more.

If the groups open up or don't change then there is no reason to change her technique that I can see.
Vikingdad is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:54 PM   #49
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
vincent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: MLF
Posts: 4,122
Liked 1961 Times on 1033 Posts
Likes Given: 4288

Default

I wonder if she can tell us if her last few shots were landing high, that would speak volumes.
__________________
EFFIN' TOF...
vincent is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:26 AM   #50
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
winds-of-change's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 25,600
Liked 8941 Times on 5348 Posts
Likes Given: 11956

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post
I wonder if she can tell us if her last few shots were landing high, that would speak volumes.
I don't believe they were. The shots on that target that were off center, mostly low, were a few of my very first shots. The more I shot the bigger the hole in the center of the target got. Does that help?
__________________
Honor Student: School of Hard Knocks
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritatus
winds-of-change is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes




Newest Threads