I am Ready
I did my final sight-in shooting five rounds today with my 7mm08 using a 160gr Speer SBT moving 2820fps. It was a morning full of all kinds of distractions.
1. The tin roof over my head had so much frozen condensation that when the sun hit the roof at 7:30 it was a virtual rain storm especially when I pulled the trigger at 8:00 on the first round. The dripping water was so bad I had to cover my receiver laying a towel over the scope (protecting my receiver area) to shoot, because water fell on the back of the scope and splashed into my eyes just as I released the trigger startling me and moving the round to the right.
2. My Chronograph stopped working after the second round, because my battery died. Reached in the shooting box to get the back up battery and remembered I had given my back up the to grand kids for one of their toys. Good thing I had two velocity recordings and they were 2818 and 2820fps in the same range as the other day.
3. Not my best day shooting this load but it will do and I will go right one click and come down two clicks given me a 2.5" high at 100yds matching my LR Duplex at 300, 400 and 500yds.
4. It was 37 degrees by the time I started shooting and I was cold not dressing like I should. I am ready to go hunt and I can't wait to have time away from work and also the load bench, just relaxing in the woods in anticipation of taking game. :):)
5. It was a beautiful day with only a 3 mile an hour wind and low humidity. Following are pictures of the range and my five shot group.
You are ready.
Yes. The marksmanship is strong in this one...
|All times are GMT. The time now is 06:21 AM.|
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.