Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   Range Report (
-   -   How many firearms to transport to the range? (

partdeux 09-15-2012 07:39 PM

How many firearms to transport to the range?
Apparently there is a limit, LOL.

SWMBO found out my LCP she's been carrying all the time isn't such a fun gun to shoot :) Wonder if that will impact her carry intentions?

So many toys, don't want any one of them to become a safe queen. Guess I'll have to start scheduling type of range day it's going to be.

Posted a short summary of the new Windham Arms Arms Sport Utility Rifle in the AR15 section.

Wife finally shot her new 10/22, I love that thing.

Shot a bunch of other stuff too.

therewolf 09-15-2012 07:50 PM

Well, if you're not going to personally carry them there,

fill your trunk.

Generally, when I'm going to the range, it's to resolve

hardware and accuracy issues. So I make a list of

what to bring, and what the goal on each gun is.

For example:

Garand- adjust Schuster valve to shoot 180 gr. SPs.

995TS- sight in red dot-

Ruger MK II with scope-shoot 4 MOA at 100 yards...

jyo 01-03-2013 05:16 AM

I generally only carry a couple of handguns to the range along with a fun 22 rifle. I get to concentrate on the centerfire pistols and then finish my day at the range with the 22 shooting fun targets like chips of broken clay birds at various ranges.

rhyno13 01-03-2013 05:20 AM

My range will let you bring as many as you want, but will only allow one per shooter on the firing line at a time. I will usually bring a couple of rifles and 2-3 handguns to shoot whenever I go.

CrazedJava 01-03-2013 02:05 PM

I'm about to run into a transportation issue myself. So far the record has been 3 rifles and 2 handguns, but my range bag only has two handgun pockets. I have a pistol bag that I may utilize and just bought a field box. I have two rifles that need optics zeroed and two new handguns in addition to the two I usually bring. So, 6 guns on my next range trip assuming I can find some 9mm ammunition.

cottontop 01-03-2013 04:31 PM

I am constantly working on improving handloads for my rifles. So, I only take one rifle at a time to the range so that I can concentrate on that one rifle and write notes on each load's performance in my reloading data notebook.

Garadex 01-03-2013 05:30 PM

I take two either two rifles or two handguns.

partdeux 01-04-2013 01:24 AM

I still haven't learned... Last trip, two rifles and four hand guns. Going again sometime this weekend, and I will take ONE pistol (ok maybe two), wife will bring her brand new still unused revolver, and maybe the 10/22.

Txhillbilly 01-04-2013 03:42 AM

I'll be taking 4 rifles for load testing tomorrow. I get there when they open,and usually have the rifle range to myself for a couple hours.
It's usually around 2 or 3 pm before I get finished.If I'm paying for range shooting,I get my money's worth.

partdeux 01-05-2013 03:13 AM

It "was" going to be a limited excursion... until the boss said, I want to take this gun, I want to take that gun, suddenly the case was FULL, and I still hadn't packed her new never shot 38...

It's amazing how many rounds two people can go through in an hour if one person is shooting and the other is loading magazines. It was a LOT!