You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report >

Home loads at the range

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2013, 04:45 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 258 Times on 155 Posts
Likes Given: 44

In my area all the indoor ranges say no reloads. I only had someone look at my ammo one time though.

I love going to the Forest range. There's not usually anyone there during the week and you can do whatever you like including drawing from a holster. Something that none of the ranges allow.
dango Likes This 
Old 08-06-2017, 03:50 AM   #22

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

i reload for all my guns,im sick and tired of these ranges looking to charge me more money to shoot and thats all it is.when you go to shoot you sign a waiver and thats why.so dont think its for ins or liabilty reasons,they want you to buy there ammo or they are reloading it themselves to sell to you or scrap.
dango Likes This 
Old 08-06-2017, 11:59 AM   #23

Liked 2353 Times on 1338 Posts
Likes Given: 372

New range near my house has banned reloads. They are claiming "liability" without any evidence to support the claim. They then claimed "insurance" but wouldn't produce any evidence. Slightly longer drive to get to two other ranges that let me shoot my reloads...

Oh, and they sell reloaded ammo
dango Likes This 
Old 08-06-2017, 01:19 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 15465 Times on 7689 Posts
Likes Given: 14566

MY county owned and operated range has both indoor and outdoor pistol, no restrictions on reloads and no restrictions on working from the holster. They also sell factory ammo and about 75 varieties of targets, mostly silhouette.

Electric target carriers, so the target comes back to your booth in the indoor range. No ceasefires needed to change/paste targets. No restrictions on handgun caliber, except no rifle calibers allowed.

Dues aren't cheap, at $150 per year, but damn well worth it.

GOD BLESS PRESIDENT TRUMP
People Like This 
Old 08-06-2017, 02:33 PM   #25

Liked 8078 Times on 4422 Posts
Likes Given: 13779

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogvibrator View Post
i reload for all my guns,im sick and tired of these ranges looking to charge me more money to shoot and thats all it is.when you go to shoot you sign a waiver and thats why.so dont think its for ins or liabilty reasons,they want you to buy there ammo or they are reloading it themselves to sell to you or scrap.
a waiver is exactly worth the paper it's written on. it does protect the person from being sued by the person who signed the waiver, but in no way stops the family of the person who signed it from being able to sue the establishment if that person is hurt or killed.
People Like This 
Old 08-06-2017, 03:04 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3633 Times on 2120 Posts
Likes Given: 2392

No problem, just check the head stamp and put your reloads in corresponding 'factory' boxes!
People Like This 
Old 08-06-2017, 06:26 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4538 Times on 2577 Posts
Likes Given: 2884

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas53 View Post
a waiver is exactly worth the paper it's written on. it does protect the person from being sued by the person who signed the waiver, but in no way stops the family of the person who signed it from being able to sue the establishment if that person is hurt or killed.
That is a very broad interpretation of the Wavier agreements. The Liability and Wavier laws vary widely in the different states and Jurisdictions. The form it is presented in can determine it's validity.
The signing of a Wavier forum does not negate reckless endangerment to the signer.

http://waiversign.com/release-of-liability-form/

Last edited by CaptMidnight; 08-06-2017 at 06:33 PM.
People Like This 
Old 08-06-2017, 06:33 PM   #28

Liked 8078 Times on 4422 Posts
Likes Given: 13779

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMidnight View Post
That is a very broad interpretation of the Wavier agreements. The Liability and Wavier laws vary widely in the different states and Jurisdictions. The form it is presented in can determine it's validity.
The signing of a Wavier forum does not negate reckless endangerment to the signer.
that is true. but the waiver isn't so much to protect the person signing the waiver as to protect the establishment from the reckless behavior of the person signing the waiver.

and i'm pretty sure a savvy lawyer could blow holes in just about any waiver if the family decided to bring a lawsuit.
Old 08-08-2017, 04:41 PM   #29
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 12022 Times on 5829 Posts
Likes Given: 44230

I've got an old friend from our childhood ! He reloads so he brought me up about five hundred rounds of 9mm . My G 17 shoots just about everything , got a good after market barrel to handle the lead .

Now , I can't get two shots off ....? Every kind of failure ! Failure to eject , to cycle at all ....? Did he maybe way to under powder them ...? These are one shot ammo every time in either barrel , total failure every time ! I keep them in my ammo storage but now , I need a heavy duty sling shot to get any reliability out of them , they are that bad ....!
CaptMidnight Likes This 
Old 08-08-2017, 05:14 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4538 Times on 2577 Posts
Likes Given: 2884

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas53 View Post
that is true. but the waiver isn't so much to protect the person signing the waiver as to protect the establishment from the reckless behavior of the person signing the waiver.

and i'm pretty sure a savvy lawyer could blow holes in just about any waiver if the family decided to bring a lawsuit.
When you study American Business Law this issue arises often. No, this is not a Perry Mason moment in court. As I posted, this is referred to the State laws and the semantics of their documents or liability laws. I provided a link showing the validity and force of state laws. There are reduced chances in some states regarding the fantasy of "Savvy" lawyers?

http://recmanagement.com/feature_print.php?fid=200611GC03
People Like This