Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Range Report (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/)
-   -   HiPoint 4095 Carbine (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/hipoint-4095-carbine-15422/)

RL357Mag 07-05-2009 01:02 AM

HiPoint 4095 Carbine

1 Attachment(s)
Ammo = Reloads, 180gr. Hornady FP FMJ over 6.5 gr. Unique

Distance = 50 yds.
Rest = Sandbag
Conditions = 72 degrees & gusty

This gun is fun! The white triangle is 1 3/4" across the top and 2" sides. No jams, virtually no recoil, and a great home defense/survival/CQB weapon with Hornady XTP HP ammo. Comes w/ interchangeable sight rail for mounting optics (scope, red dot). Also available from HiPoint is an under-barrel laser sight w/mount for $50.

skullcrusher 07-05-2009 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RL357Mag (Post 125074)

Distance = 50 yds.
Rest = Sandbag

This gun is fun! The white triangle is 1 3/4" across the top and 2" sides. No jams, virtually no recoil, and a great home defense/survival/CQB weapon with Hornady XTP HP ammo. Comes w/ interchangeable sight rail for mounting optics (scope, red dot). Also available from HiPoint is an under-barrel laser sight w/mount for $50.

Very nice. I love my 4095! I got one that came with the laser and comp nib. The laser is cool, but I took it off. I don't know if I will keep it or not. You do need to have the compensator for the laser.

RL357Mag 07-05-2009 01:59 AM

You bet Skull! That's the best $189 I ever spent on a gun. I shot it last year at 100 yds., and while I needed to aim about 2' higher, the groups were 6-8". I didn't know they made a compensator? Living in this sh!thole state of NY I couln't buy one anyway...not that I need a laser, although it might be cool for night shooting. I never even used the scope rail - for a carbine it seems ridiculous when the peeps work as well as they do.

skullcrusher 07-05-2009 02:09 AM

I actually put a small scope on mine, but I have been thinking about going back to open sights. I never did try out the ghost ring.

RL357Mag 07-05-2009 02:18 AM

I don't know how old your eye's are, but mine only function with peeps or scopes! Again, I can't see the benefit to a scope on a 50yd. gun unless I was target shooting- it may be interesting to see what it's REALLY capable of! I may take it deer hunting this fall. I think a 180gr. HP going at about 1500 FPS should take a deer at 50 yds. with good shot placement?

skullcrusher 07-05-2009 02:38 AM

My eye is still good. The scope I got for it is a BSA Deerhunter. I think it is only 3x, whatever it is, it is not much. I wish I could use mine for hunting legally. I believe it will easily kill a deer at 50 yds and even a little farther. (don't forget to shoot it in the face, bwhaaaa :D)

Gojubrian 07-05-2009 04:00 AM

You guys' enthusiasm alone for this firearm makes me want one,lol.

Do they have magazine feeding issues? I've heard that a few times. I saw a guy at the range with a .40 hi-point pistol and the thing kept jamming on him.

RL357Mag 07-05-2009 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojubrian (Post 125132)
You guys' enthusiasm alone for this firearm makes me want one,lol.

Do they have magazine feeding issues? I've heard that a few times. I saw a guy at the range with a .40 hi-point pistol and the thing kept jamming on him.

I have experienced maybe a handful of jams in the 5 years I have owned it - in that time I have put over 2000 rds. of various ammo through it. I don't get jams since I started shooting 180 gr. ammo, and I have 4 mags for mine. Also the HiPoint (Beemiller) customer support is the best in the industry. I posted a story last year about my experience with their service where they replaced my barrel after I had a squib load jam the barrel. They also gave me a new stock, magazine, sling, scope mount, and "buffed" the trigger - all for free. They even shipped it back to me on their dime because I forgot to pre-pay the return shipping!

bbf5x4 07-05-2009 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RL357Mag (Post 125074)

Distance = 50 yds.
Rest = Sandbag

Originally Posted by bbf5x4
I have a hi point 9mm, and like alot of people I thought it was ugly, so I did the ATI stock, looks great now, I also got the ATI camo, my idea was to buy a 4095 to match it to, even though the 4095 & the 995 look identical I'm told they are different, now can the ATI be modified to fit the 4095 and what all has to be done to make it work, before I buy the 4095?

let me know, bb

The New American Mafia - The Federal Goverment

RL357Mag 07-05-2009 05:28 PM

Personally I don't care for the ATI stock. Beauty is in the eye's of the beholder, and IMO ALL guns are a thing of beauty! I don't think the ATI stock for the 995 will fit. A good friend has a 995 and when I compared the two, they were different enough where the stocks did not look like they would interchange. The 995 is a shorter gun, but almost identical in accuracy. His 995 made slightly larger groups, but he was shooting factory ammo also.