Having a good laugh at the range. - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Having a good laugh at the range.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2010, 02:02 AM   #41
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1256 Times on 713 Posts
Likes Given: 599

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Some of us feel the other way.

Open sights on handguns, beads on shotguns (or sights for slugs/buck), and optics on carbines and rifles.

Out to about 300 yards a good 2MOA red dot on a rifle/carbine makes for a very lethal and fast combination.
Amen brother,That Aimpoint kicks ass on the M1A. I was hitting a small box of cornstarch at 200yrds with it at Lon's place,and we shot all kinds of stuff at 100yrds.

But I also like a Red dot sight on my Raging Bull 44mag revolver.I shoot/hunt with it out to a 100yrds.Open sighted,I probably couldn't hit a car at 100yrds with it.

Old 07-04-2010, 08:00 AM   #42

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txhillbilly View Post
Amen brother,That Aimpoint kicks ass on the M1A. I was hitting a small box of cornstarch at 200yrds with it at Lon's place,and we shot all kinds of stuff at 100yrds.

But I also like a Red dot sight on my Raging Bull 44mag revolver.I shoot/hunt with it out to a 100yrds.Open sighted,I probably couldn't hit a car at 100yrds with it.
Oh yeah, for a hunting handgun a red dot rocks. I was talking about the guys who put red dots on their defensive handguns.

My "grab and go" rifle is a full length M14 with an Aimpoint and it has proven itself on numerous jackrabbits at 275 and 300 yards. Great combo.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 07-06-2010, 03:07 PM   #43
Is it Friday yet?
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
I believe that line is from True Grit.
That is absolutely correct. Good catch CA.

Although now I need to watch Hottub Time Machine to see what orangello is talking about.

Old 07-07-2010, 04:05 PM   #44

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Perhaps its just me, but if some feller comes up to me at the range and tells me "You're doin it wrong," I generally tend to listen.

And some people regard me as a smart-ass 20 something year old know-it-all redhead. Suprisingly enough, the guys that are willing to help you know what the he11 they are talking about. Shame on him for not letting his pride take a back seat. I'd have listened to you all day

Pfft... kids.

Perhaps its just recognizing and appreciating the opportunity. I don't have very many posts for a reason... I don't know much, and I read A LOT. However, the majority of what I know has been passed down to me from older fellers that know more than me, like you THB. So I salute you for having the patience to work with us brat kids

Old 08-03-2010, 02:39 PM   #45

now that this thread is back on track...

i am a member at a local range and instead of paying dues members are required to do seven range days. this involves walking the line ensuring that safety rules are followed and helping anyone who asks. honestly, this gets boring when the range is slow, but it is all entirely worth it when you have one guy who is really looking to improve his groups and will sit and listen to what you have to say for an hour or two. unfortunately this is rare as i am only 21 and probably get a bad rap because of the attitude others my age have. it feels pretty good though when a senior member asks me to help someone because they cant figure it out. anyhow, helping others improve and enjoy their skills is, for me, just as enjoyable as throwing lead. im just glad i get the opportunity to do so.