Having a good laugh at the range. - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Having a good laugh at the range.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2010, 10:53 PM   #21
Is it Friday yet?
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I do know him personally and something as fundamental as checking screws would be one of the first things he did. So maybe you don't know him and maybe he didn't explain every single little step he took in evaluating this guys rifle issues, but let's not get all uppity and start flinging around statements like "self appointed expert" without having first hand knowledge of said expert.

Old 07-01-2010, 12:21 AM   #22

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Hey Big Zero, do you belong to the physic friends hot line because you sure read a lot more into Tex's post than I did. The hillbilly is good people and one of my bros, so lighten up a little and please give him the respect he deserves. Joe

God, Family, Guns, in that order.

Old 07-01-2010, 01:19 AM   #23

Im so glad to be living on enough land that when I want to shoot all I have to do is step outside =D.. but running out of ammo often is also a side effect of this

Old 07-01-2010, 02:25 AM   #24
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1255 Times on 712 Posts
Likes Given: 598

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
I would try to help folks at the range, but I would not demean what they have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigO01 View Post
Txhillbilly since you're a self appointed expert on all things that go bang , did you even bother to check the guy with the Aks scope to see if the thing was even tightened down and staying in place prior to insulting him and his choice of equipment ?

I've seen more than a few guys with scopes worth more than their house payments that couldn't hit the side of a barn at 50 yards because in their excitement and rush to try out the newest toy they made a simple mistake like not tightening down the screws and or locking them down with a dab of locktite , I think I even made it a time or two myself .

Not everyone has a large budget to spend or the luck to always be given good advice when getting into new things especialy guns , it doesn't take much time "IN the game" to soon see many many people are in the business of selling guns and related equipment purely to make money with no real knowledge or care for what kinda BS they tell folks just to sell them stuff and plenty of folks will have to live and learn . A few simple minutes spent trying to be as help in a way so as to educate and not insult those of less knowledge would go along way to helping the sports image .
Well,Let me set things straight.

Big001,I'm no expert in firearms,but have been hunting/shooting guns for around 40yrs. I do alot of shooting,and I would say,I shoot pretty good.
I can/do shoot here at my house,but sometimes choose to go to the local range and meet friends that don't live near me.

The range officer knows me,and asked if I'd try to help this guy. Now I'm a big longhaired country boy,and this fella was a 20ish black man that might not have liked being helped by a "Redneck". I don't know!

I went through all of the basics with him making sure everything was good and tight. It was. That's when I suggested to him about going to the 50yrd range to get his weapon on paper.He just had a bad scope,and I told him that the scope was probably bad.He stated that it was a high dollar scope,and I informed him that it was a lower priced scope and sometimes you get a bad one. (I have had a few bad scopes over the years)

I don't think that I demeaned his equipment at all,I never said he had Cheap stuff-I did state that here though,my bad. He was upset that he spent money for boresighting his scope,and then couldn't get it sighted in and then tried to take some frustration out on me because I tried to help and was there. He did have a nice AK47,and I told him that.

I guess if you leave out all the little details,they can get taken the wrong way.I'm sorry for that.

P.S. Thanks for having my back guys,but no harm was taken by myself. THB

Old 07-01-2010, 02:32 AM   #25

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txhillbilly View Post
Well,Let me set things straight.

Big001,I'm no expert in firearms,but have been hunting/shooting guns for around 40yrs. I do alot of shooting,and I would say,I shoot pretty good.
I can/do shoot here at my house,but sometimes choose to go to the local range and meet friends that don't live near me.

The range officer knows me,and asked if I'd try to help this guy. Now I'm a big longhaired country boy,and this fella was a 20ish black man that might not have liked being helped by a "Redneck". I don't know!

I went through all of the basics with him making sure everything was good and tight. It was. That's when I suggested to him about going to the 50yrd range to get his weapon on paper.He just had a bad scope,and I told him that the scope was probably bad.He stated that it was a high dollar scope,and I informed him that it was a lower priced scope and sometimes you get a bad one. (I have had a few bad scopes over the years)

I don't think that I demeaned his equipment at all,I never said he had Cheap stuff-I did state that here though,my bad. He was upset that he spent money for boresighting his scope,and then couldn't get it sighted in and then tried to take some frustration out on me because I tried to help and was there. He did have a nice AK47,and I told him that.

I guess if you leave out all the little details,they can get taken the wrong way.I'm sorry for that.

P.S. Thanks for having my back guys,but no harm was taken by myself. THB
Spoken like a true gentleman.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 07-01-2010, 06:18 AM   #26

Liked 100 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 109

My $30 reddot has never let me down

Old 07-01-2010, 01:31 PM   #27

Liked 59 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Spoken like a true gentleman.
....and a man of great restraint, a quality I don't possess.

Old 07-01-2010, 02:37 PM   #28

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger View Post
....and a man of great restraint, a quality I don't possess.
You shut-up...

Old 07-01-2010, 03:20 PM   #29

Liked 59 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprdave View Post
You shut-up...
I'll come up there and beat yer a$$ boy.....

Old 07-01-2010, 03:26 PM   #30
Is it Friday yet?
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger View Post
I'll come up there and beat yer a$$ boy.....
Lon, that's mighty big talk for a one eyed fat man.

But if you need a ride up to see dave, you jus let me know. K?