Having a good laugh at the range. - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Having a good laugh at the range.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2010, 11:10 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

TX, there are people like that in every subject and in every place. I try to point them in the right direction but if they are not willing to listen then there is nothing else you can do.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 06-29-2010, 12:24 PM   #12

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
Now I feel bad, I have a Leapers Scope. I am going to have to go and spend more money than what I paid for the rifle.
I haven't had any issues with my cheap scope. It has held zero and is working just fine.
Boo-frickin'-hoo, Shi.

Last edited by lonyaeger; 06-29-2010 at 12:28 PM.

Old 06-29-2010, 01:32 PM   #13

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
Now I feel bad, I have a Leapers Scope. I am going to have to go and spend more money than what I paid for the rifle.
I haven't had any issues with my cheap scope. It has held zero and is working just fine.
You want some cheese with that whine?

Old 06-29-2010, 04:46 PM   #14

Now flip the coin. There are the range know-it-alls that can't help but inject their bits of wisdom even when not invited. I'd hate to call it an opinion since if you ask them they will tell you it is truth.

Old 06-29-2010, 06:10 PM   #15
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2890 Times on 1668 Posts
Likes Given: 1239

If I see an unsafe condition, I will intervene. If asked how I shoot those holes, I tell them. If they have problems, I offer assistance. If they don't follow range rule, I inform them of the rule first and if they continue, I tell management.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 06-29-2010, 06:25 PM   #16

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I just don't go to the range. I set my own backstop up out here on my property so i can shoot when ever I want to. I have friends that come out too! I just find it more drama free and a better environment. I have been to ranges and some are quite nice. I just like my small little place that I have set up that's all.

"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off!" - Dirty Harry

Old 06-30-2010, 05:02 PM   #17

Txhillbilly since you're a self appointed expert on all things that go bang , did you even bother to check the guy with the Aks scope to see if the thing was even tightened down and staying in place prior to insulting him and his choice of equipment ?

I've seen more than a few guys with scopes worth more than their house payments that couldn't hit the side of a barn at 50 yards because in their excitement and rush to try out the newest toy they made a simple mistake like not tightening down the screws and or locking them down with a dab of locktite , I think I even made it a time or two myself .

Not everyone has a large budget to spend or the luck to always be given good advice when getting into new things especialy guns , it doesn't take much time "IN the game" to soon see many many people are in the business of selling guns and related equipment purely to make money with no real knowledge or care for what kinda BS they tell folks just to sell them stuff and plenty of folks will have to live and learn . A few simple minutes spent trying to be as help in a way so as to educate and not insult those of less knowledge would go along way to helping the sports image .

Last edited by canebrake; 06-30-2010 at 10:54 PM. Reason: WTF?

Old 06-30-2010, 08:17 PM   #18

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigO01 View Post
Txhillbilly since you're a self appointed expert on all things that go bang , did you even bother to check the guy with the Aks scope to see if the thing was even tightened down and staying in place prior to insulting him and his choice of equipment ?

I've seen more than a few guys with scopes worth more than their house payments that couldn't hit the side of a barn at 50 yards because in their excitement and rush to try out the newest toy they made a simple mistake like not tightening down the screws and or locking them down with a dab of locktite , I think I even made it a time or two myself .

Not everyone has a large budget to spend or the luck to always be given good advice when getting into new things especialy guns , it doesn't take much time "IN the game" to soon see many many people are in the business of selling guns and related equipment purely to make money with no real knowledge or care for what kinda BS they tell folks just to sell them stuff and plenty of folks will have to live and learn . A few simple minutes spent trying to be as help in a way so as to educate and not insult those of less knowledge would go along way to helping the sports image .
Wait a minute.....txhillbilly is one of the most humble, helpful guys I know. "Self-appointed expert?" Now that's just offensive. He tried to help the ninjas at the range.....so what the he!! are you talking about?

Old 06-30-2010, 08:35 PM   #19

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:

Easy, Bubba. Txhillbilly is a well respected member here. We all know and respect him. This is a great place to learn, and he's got quite a few tricks up his sleeve. Go easy on the sarcasm...that's my specialty!

Old 06-30-2010, 09:08 PM   #20

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:

Self appointed? Seems to me that in reading his post that he was asked for some insights by more than one person. Maybe, just maybe, it was because he actually does know what he is doing and the range staff and other shooters recognize that? Maybe?

I don't know Tx personally, but mutual friends speak very highly of him as a gracious, knowledgeable, generous guy.

It sounds to me like he spent more than a "few minutes" being helpful.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."