Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Range Report (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/)
-   -   Happiness is.... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/happiness-91665/)

danf_fl 06-03-2013 12:37 AM

Happiness is....
 
When you take a new shooter out.
Provide safety briefings.
Provide instructions on stance, trigger pull, breath control, etc....

And watching them hit the 10 ring and a couple of "X's at 7 yards.

sigmamike 06-03-2013 09:28 PM

Amen to that brother. Can't wait for my kids to get just a bit older to provide the same instruction.

Tackleberry1 06-03-2013 09:30 PM

...a warm gun!
 
Isn't that a Beatles song?

Tack

Jagermeister 06-03-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl (Post 1265938)
When you take a new shooter out.
Provide safety briefings.
Provide instructions on stance, trigger pull, breath control, etc....

And watching them hit the 10 ring and a couple of "X's at 7 yards.

Especially the pretty ones.;)

cotex 06-03-2013 09:32 PM

I agree when that happens it feels good you are continuing the tradition of safe shooting and it is fun.

Tex

Jagermeister 06-03-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sigmamike (Post 1266656)
Amen to that brother. Can't wait for my kids to get just a bit older to provide the same instruction.

Happiness is knowing they can protect themselves when you are not there.

orangello 06-03-2013 09:41 PM

Congrats on the successful range training!


Happiness is simple, dead bears, piles of them, preferably aflame.

Jagermeister 06-03-2013 09:51 PM

I wonder if Orangello collects teddy bears? :D

Reply, "Sure, as rugs and trophies. I also drink my whiskey out of a bear skull, and scratch my back with a bear claw attached to a stick.":p

orangello 06-03-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jagermeister (Post 1266682)
I wonder if Orangello collects teddy bears? :D

Reply, "Sure, as rugs and trophies. I also drink my whiskey out of a bear skull, and scratch my back with a bear claw attached to a stick.":p

No and I wish!


Alternate answer "a warm gun".

Anna_Purna 06-03-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl
When you take a new shooter out.
Provide safety briefings.
Provide instructions on stance, trigger pull, breath control, etc....

And watching them hit the 10 ring and a couple of "X's at 7 yards.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jagermeister (Post 1266662)
Especially the pretty ones.;)

What kinda targets are you shooting at? I have never seen 'pretty ones'? :confused:


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:35 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.