A great time at the 'range' today......

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > A great time at the 'range' today......

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2013, 02:12 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6747 Times on 3669 Posts
Likes Given: 5796

Default A great time at the 'range' today......

What's that saying? A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work?

I just got back from an all day in the woods shooting with friends. In the rain! It was sunny on the way up to the hills about 30 miles to the north of me, and we set some home-made silhouettes up, and some frying pans bought at the salvation army place in town. The pans were for the 22LRs, and ended up being the most fun thing to shoot that day. The delayed 'ding' as hits were recorded made if a blast. Then the lightning and thunder came, and then the rain. we stayed shooting and got soaked.
Just thought I would share this with you guys (and gals), and to get out yourself and report back.

Here is a pic from my cellphone of the rain coming down:

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-18-2013, 02:19 AM   #2

Liked 742 Times on 435 Posts
Likes Given: 958

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_Purna View Post
What's that saying? A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work?

I just got back from an all day in the woods shooting with friends. In the rain! It was sunny on the way up to the hills about 30 miles to the north of me, and we set some home-made silhouettes up, and some frying pans bought at the salvation army place in town. The pans were for the 22LRs, and ended up being the most fun thing to shoot that day. The delayed 'ding' as hits were recorded made if a blast. Then the lightning and thunder came, and then the rain. we stayed shooting and got soaked.
Just thought I would share this with you guys (and gals), and to get out yourself and report back.

Here is a pic from my cellphone of the rain coming down:
I cant see the pic, but sounds like you had a good day with friends...always good..

The Founders DID anticipate that arms technology would advance, that's why the 2nd amendment doesn't say "the right to keep and bear a musket".......

Old 08-18-2013, 02:22 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Thanks ReadyGirl, I see I am out of bandwith or something with photobucket. I am trying to delete some pics to repost the pic

Old 08-18-2013, 02:28 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Sounds like an excellent time.

Now get cleaning those guns! You can't just let them get rained on and not clean the poor things!

Always have clean socks.

Old 08-18-2013, 02:34 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Oh the life of being so popular!

Last edited by Anna_Purna; 08-18-2013 at 02:45 PM.

Old 08-18-2013, 03:11 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357 View Post
Sounds like an excellent time.

Now get cleaning those guns! You can't just let them get rained on and not clean the poor things!
It was excellent for the first 3 hours or so. We had placed targets all around this little pond and shot up the hillside. I took my CZ455 LUX to sight in a scope I had just put on it, and my 44 magnum. One of the guys had a Mosin Nagant, and that was my first time ever to shoot one. I must say it has a very different and LOUD sound, unlike the rest of the guns there. While it started to lightly drip on us, while all the others went over to the campfire, me and another sat on the edge of this lake and started to shoot at the pan way up on the hillside. It was windy and I was adjusting to the right edge of the pan and at about the 2 o'clock position to hit the pan. The delayed 'ding' of a hit is what made us laugh.
Only when it began to really come down we decided to take a break and hope the weather broke. We joined in around the campfire and stood there getting soaked. A few broke out the trash bags for makeshift rain coats, and the rest of us tuffed it out.
Only when one of the guys drove off to get reception to make a call, and he came back and said if I wasn't going to stay the night in camp, I should be getting down off the hillside. (I was in a 2 wheel drive car, while they all had their trucks, etc).
So after we said our goodbyes I drove off with one truck following me past the mud puddle that we had to cross just to get there and making sure i didn't get stuck, he went back up, and I came home with the heater on full blast! lol When I got home 35 miles away later, I was mostly dry on the front half, and still soaking wet on my back half, with a nice wet stripe on where my seat belt went across!

And yep, I oiled down my 22, but the 44 was dry and stayed in the car when we were dinging the pan!
Old 08-19-2013, 12:24 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

http://www.flickr.com/photos/66147491@N02/9540560975/