Gotta love it

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Gotta love it

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2011, 12:20 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1099 Times on 796 Posts
Likes Given: 565

Default Gotta love it

So its my brother inlaws bday , he is slightly special ed and has never shot anything other than xbox . I set up the fbi targets today and he takes MY Beretta 92 9mm that i have not even shot and puts 4 dead on the center X .
At least I made a come back with the taurass 92 . What made it worse is he was shooting gangsta style one handed ! Maybe I need to get back to playin Grand theft auto again

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-01-2011, 12:33 AM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

There's nothing like the feeling of shooting for the first time . I hope he had a great time!

"It's a gun you loaded on Sunday, and shot all week."
-Confederate Soldier

"If God didn't create man equal then Sam Colt had made them equal."
-Unknown

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp

Old 08-07-2011, 09:28 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 24 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 48

A number of years ago, I spend a few years running a rifle range at a Scout Camp. We had always wondered what the "shooting experience" entailed. One week we had a troop of severely mentally handicapped in camp. When they wished to visit the range, we visited with the troop fathers the previous evening and had one staff member per shooting position and one dad. Although it has been many years, I can still see one scout looking at me as he pulled the trigger. The target was perpendicular to where he was looking and he was smiling from ear to ear. The scout fired all five rounds as soon as his dad loaded and he continued to watch me. He had a wonderful time! Between the staff volunteers and the dads, not a single muzzle wandered and the firing line was strictly observed. I learned the "shooting experience" is not the same for everyone.

Old 08-07-2011, 10:19 PM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I went to Camp Crooked Creek to get my rifle merit badge, one kid I started talking to on the walk to the range told me he had never even fired a gun except for a bb gun. We got to the range after the quick talk we were allowed to shoot, .22lr. I fired 5 rounds off looked over at him and his grouping were all over the paper. I told him to slowly squeeze the trigger and to keep the rifle tight to his shoulder and few other things. Quickly made a 1" group, the range was only 15 yards but I go shooting with him at least once a month when I can, he's about as good as I am now.

"ever man out here has a timer, no one know how long it will take but no one last forever"
Sargent Miller

"cake or death! I'll have the cake then... SORRY WHERE OUT OF CAKE!... so it's or death? I'll have the chicken then please." Eddy Izzard

"so a suppose your going to kill me now? no he is I'm just here to watch"

"you know why guns are better then a woman?... you can put a silencer on a gun."

Old 08-08-2011, 09:38 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 24 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 48

wmille01, the ranges were set up for 50' to accommodate the merit badge requirements and the NRA Qualification shooting. So, I guess you were better than you thought you were.
During the off hours five of the staff shot and some of us are still in touch. Of the range rats, three became Marines; one became a sniper and is now a cop, another after learning Farsi and a Presidential appointment to Annapolis disappeared into ---, the last is a Marine with scrambled eggs on his cap. One non-Marine earned his MD and the last became a federal agent man. Good men all! As an old f___t, my time was wisely invested.