Got the XDm range day

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Got the XDm range day

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2011, 11:13 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Got the XDm range day

Got the XDm 45 last week. I wanted to go to the range with my son. Today was the day, too bad it was pouring down rain!! Oh well, whats a little rain. We took the Marlin 336 30-30, Colt Official Police 38sp, and my brand new XDm 45. Let me say, the Springfield come as a VERY nice package, I'm sure you guys have all seen the pkg so I wont waste space on pics of that. No pics of the targets from the Marlin, I forgot them there.

The single target is mine, after getting used to the XDm with two mags(13 rnds ea), at 20 ft, there is one mag in that target. All the shots were from the same distance. We put 100 rounds through the XDm, ran perfectly, no malfunctions of any kind. we also shot about 100 rnds through the colt, as usual that old guns is perfect too. The pic of the four targets is 45 and 38 just blastin and having fun!!

We had a good time, despite the rain, got completely soaked and freezing but a great time anyway!! Looking forward to shooting on a sunny day!!

Thanks for looking, Joe and Joe
Oh and the range is VERY nice!!

range-4-16-11-holly-016.jpg   range-4-16-11-holly-017.jpg   range-4-16-11-holly-018.jpg  

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-16-2011, 11:17 PM   #2

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Here is my son on the 100 yd range with the Marlin, and one from the bench at the targets. I would have taken more pics but for the rain.

range-4-16-11-holly-012.jpg   range-4-16-11-holly-013.jpg   range-4-16-11-holly-014.jpg  

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 04-16-2011, 11:20 PM   #3

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Looks like you got a shooter there. Excellent staging with the photos.

JD

Old 04-16-2011, 11:21 PM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

The blastin targets! Forgot them in the first post!! Duh!!

range-4-16-11-holly-001.jpg  

Old 04-17-2011, 04:46 AM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Thanks JD he is a great young man and shows great potential to become a very accomplished shooter! I guess as his skills increase and my eyesight gets worse he may even be able to out shoot me........someday!!

Old 04-17-2011, 05:08 AM   #6

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
Thanks JD he is a great young man and shows great potential to become a very accomplished shooter! I guess as his skills increase and my eyesight gets worse he may even be able to out shoot me........someday!!
BLASPHEMY!

Never let them beat you. Fake an injury My Friend, save face. It really is for the good of all of us old guys.

Excellent shooting all around though. Your boy shows superb talent behind the trigger.

JD

Old 04-17-2011, 02:16 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Great pics, looks like a fun day.. That is a nice looking range too, one hell of a berm behind the targets

Old 04-17-2011, 02:32 PM   #8

Liked 776 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 492

Looks like a fine day of shooting, weather be damned...nice that you guys had the place all to yourselves.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington