Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Range Report (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/)
-   -   good day with savage edge 308! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/good-day-savage-edge-308-a-47442/)

lonewolf101 08-28-2011 01:07 AM

good day with savage edge 308!
 
I thought I bought a PIGS EAR when I bought this edge 308!.I bought a light trigger for rifle basix and a 1 " thick recoil pad now it a pleasure to shoot.
Well I shoot it at the 100 yard line and with the other bullets I was using the pattern just wasnt what I wanted,but I change to Hornady 165 sst and now they shoot flater and they group well.:D

Georgiahunter 08-28-2011 01:10 AM

I got a Savage 111 .308 the other day and it shoots like a dream. It definitely lived up to its well earned reputation.

lonewolf101 08-28-2011 01:45 AM

Thats why I bought a Savage because of it's REP! it just took a few times and different bullet weights to get it right!.

Gatoragn 08-28-2011 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonewolf101 (Post 570813)
I thought I bought a PIGS EAR when I bought this edge 308!.I bought a light trigger for rifle basix and a 1 " thick recoil pad now it a pleasure to shoot.
Well I shoot it at the 100 yard line and with the other bullets I was using the pattern just wasnt what I wanted,but I change to Hornady 165 sst and now they shoot flater and they group well.:D

Certainly nothing wrong with 165's, just curious if you tried 150 Hornady SST's?

Also are you shooting Hornady Custom or Super Performance?

Gatoragn 08-28-2011 02:38 AM

Where did you post the pix?

Georgiahunter 08-28-2011 02:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a pic of my Savage 111 .308.

lonewolf101 08-28-2011 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatoragn (Post 570857)
Certainly nothing wrong with 165's, just curious if you tried 150 Hornady SST's?

Also are you shooting Hornady Custom or Super Performance?

no not yet I have a few more bullets to try out

150sst
150sp
150 interlock

cant tell its just the red box

Gatoragn 08-28-2011 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonewolf101 (Post 570875)
no not yet I have a few more bullets to try out

150sst
150sp
150 interlock

cant tell its just the red box

Hornady custom is mostly a tan, natural paper color box. The Hornady Super Performance is in a red, glossy box.

lonewolf101 08-28-2011 01:51 PM

I reload my own ammo and I was going to post the pic but I must of left it at the range.

doolan 12-21-2011 12:25 PM

Thanks....interested in that gun also, please post pics of your groups when you've done your research.


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:48 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.