Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Going to the Range today

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2009, 04:39 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJason View Post
How far away was the target?

Was that the 1st 50, last 50, or ??????

What was the ammo, as that may be a cause of the load issues?
target was about 45 feet or so away, ammo was winchester 180 grain hollow points (if memory serves me correctly) it was the cheapest ammo they had there, i bought it specifically just to get the range sweat going that was the last 150 on that target

Old 11-18-2009, 07:57 PM   #12

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

That's prett good shooting at 15ards for the first time out!! Those DW's are just awesome!!

Old 11-18-2009, 08:16 PM   #13

Liked 25 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jusselin View Post
target was about 45 feet or so away, ammo was winchester 180 grain hollow points (if memory serves me correctly) it was the cheapest ammo they had there, i bought it specifically just to get the range sweat going that was the last 150 on that target
How long have you been shooting....maybe I misread something but I thought you said you were a bit of a newbie to shooting....because that is amazing shooting at 45 ft with a new gun

Old 11-18-2009, 08:26 PM   #14

Quote:
How long have you been shooting....maybe I misread something but I thought you said you were a bit of a newbie to shooting....because that is amazing shooting at 45 ft with a new gun
well my brother was a sniper in the marine corp for 8 years so he was there to help guide me you should have seen the first target though it looked ugly lol but i was proud enough of that on to post it

i really do appreciate the help you guys give as well, if any one has some info on what the deal was with the slide sticking and the ammo not loading right that would be appreciated as well, thanks guys

EDIT: i had my dad measure the distance for me and it was only 35 feet not 45, i was off by 10 sorry

Old 11-18-2009, 08:28 PM   #15

Liked 25 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Quote:
well my brother was a sniper in the marine corp for 8 years so he was there to help guide me you should have seen the first target though it looked ugly lol but i was proud enough of that on to post it
When most of the guys on here do a range report they show the good and bad.....lets see that 1st target

Old 11-18-2009, 08:30 PM   #16

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Don't forget, Dr., those DW's shoot themselves. Especially when there is a feed problem. Feed problems help with the recoil anticipation and aid in sight alignment and acquisition. That way, you can put 150 rds thru a 2" hole.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 11-18-2009, 08:31 PM   #17

Quote:
When most of the guys on here do a range report they show the good and bad.....lets see that 1st target
i didnt even take a picture of it thats how bad it was, it had some good groupings in it but my brother told me i was looking at my target and not my sights so when i put a new target up and used his advice, well it came together pretty good.

Old 11-18-2009, 09:09 PM   #18

Liked 57 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Don't forget, Dr., those DW's shoot themselves. Especially when there is a feed problem. Feed problems help with the recoil anticipation and aid in sight alignment and acquisition. That way, you can put 150 rds thru a 2" hole.
You're so bad

Old 11-19-2009, 06:53 AM   #19

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:

i really do appreciate the help you guys give as well, if any one has some info on what the deal was with the slide sticking and the ammo not loading right that would be appreciated as well, thanks guys

EDIT: i had my dad measure the distance for me and it was only 35 feet not 45, i was off by 10 sorry

I'm taking my dad (for measuring) and my brother (for shooting tips) to my next range outing.

Old 11-19-2009, 11:47 AM   #20

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:

I'm calling BS on this. I've kept my mouth shut for a while, but you're full of it!

Closed Thread