Going to the Range today
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Going to the Range today

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2009, 12:19 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Going to the Range today

well, as soon as the wife gets out of the shower i will hop in....then i am taking the old bronco down to the police station and out to their range to shoot the dan wesson i will stay long enough to put roughly 300 rounds through her...or should i put more?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-18-2009, 12:22 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Enjoy and be safe

I love the smell of gun powder in the morning . Hipoints break in my house and see if they work.

Old 11-18-2009, 12:23 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Sounds like a good time. Tell the wife to hurry up!! Hey, what kind of Bronco do you have?

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 11-18-2009, 12:29 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
Sounds like a good time. Tell the wife to hurry up!! Hey, what kind of Bronco do you have?
i just bought this one a week ago from my brother, its a project for me but i am willing to dump in the money, maybe i can grab a cell phone pic later

1993 Ford broco , the tires alone just cost me $800 i was able to shave the front bumper a little bit and it cleared 33's

then next week some friends and i are taking its top off and bringing the seats to get re upholstered and then getting the inside sprayed with line-x....after its all put back together...then its off to the paint shop

Old 11-18-2009, 12:33 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jusselin View Post
i just bought this one a week ago from my brother, its a project for me but i am willing to dump in the money, maybe i can grab a cell phone pic later

1993 Ford broco , the tires alone just cost me $800 i was able to shave the front bumper a little bit and it cleared 33's

then next week some friends and i are taking its top off and bringing the seats to get re upholstered and then getting the inside sprayed with line-x....after its all put back together...then its off to the paint shop
Nice! I restore the early Broncos for a living.

Old 11-18-2009, 12:35 PM   #6

Quote:
Nice! I restore the early Broncos for a living.
so i imagine you know my pain on trying to get replacement seats and side panels for the inside right lol.....thats why i am spraying and re upholstering, i am also going to take its stock wheels and get them powder coated

Old 11-18-2009, 12:41 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jusselin View Post
so i imagine you know my pain on trying to get replacement seats and side panels for the inside right lol.....thats why i am spraying and re upholstering, i am also going to take its stock wheels and get them powder coated
I don't know much about the big body trucks. We only work on the 66-77's. Here is where I work, NICK'S TRIX ::: Early Bronco Restorations - Custom Fabrication - Ford Bronco 66-77

Old 11-18-2009, 12:44 PM   #8

Quote:
I don't know much about the big body trucks. We only work on the 66-77's. Here is where I work, NICK'S TRIX ::: Early Bronco Restorations - Custom Fabrication - Ford Bronco 66-77
beautiful trucks man....

Old 11-18-2009, 04:18 PM   #9

Range Report:

ok i am assuming this is a mag issue but the bullets would not load correctly quite a few times and i had to eject them and load the next one...also for the first 100 rounds, it seemed like i had to hit the slide release every 3rd round or so, it didn't shut on its own ,not sure what that was a bout, and about 200 rounds the slide stuck open completely and wouldn't shut....the slide release was all the way down too, i finally tapped it a few rough times and it shut, didn't give me a problem after that.....

in saying all that, the gun shot like a dream, very low recoil and accuracy pretty dead on here is a shot of 150 rounds in a target, i still prefer my colt over this dan wesson any day

can any one help me out with what my issues might have been on the slide? i stated when i bought the gun that the slide was hard to release in the first place (now she closes very smoothly, its not difficult at all to hit the slide release)

i am fixin to take her apart and clean her thoroughly

img00536-20091118-1016.jpg  

Old 11-18-2009, 04:34 PM   #10

Liked 25 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 17

How far away was the target?

Was that the 1st 50, last 50, or ??????

What was the ammo, as that may be a cause of the load issues?

Closed Thread