Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Range Report (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/)
-   -   Going to the Range today (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/going-range-today-20187/)

Jusselin 11-18-2009 01:19 PM

Going to the Range today

well, as soon as the wife gets out of the shower i will hop in....then i am taking the old bronco down to the police station and out to their range to shoot the dan wesson i will stay long enough to put roughly 300 rounds through her...or should i put more?

995 11-18-2009 01:22 PM

Enjoy and be safe

spittinfire 11-18-2009 01:23 PM

Sounds like a good time. Tell the wife to hurry up!! Hey, what kind of Bronco do you have?

Jusselin 11-18-2009 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spittinfire (Post 187654)
Sounds like a good time. Tell the wife to hurry up!! Hey, what kind of Bronco do you have?

i just bought this one a week ago from my brother, its a project for me but i am willing to dump in the money, maybe i can grab a cell phone pic later

1993 Ford broco , the tires alone just cost me $800 i was able to shave the front bumper a little bit and it cleared 33's :D

then next week some friends and i are taking its top off and bringing the seats to get re upholstered and then getting the inside sprayed with line-x....after its all put back together...then its off to the paint shop

spittinfire 11-18-2009 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jusselin (Post 187656)
i just bought this one a week ago from my brother, its a project for me but i am willing to dump in the money, maybe i can grab a cell phone pic later

1993 Ford broco , the tires alone just cost me $800 i was able to shave the front bumper a little bit and it cleared 33's :D

then next week some friends and i are taking its top off and bringing the seats to get re upholstered and then getting the inside sprayed with line-x....after its all put back together...then its off to the paint shop

Nice! I restore the early Broncos for a living.

Jusselin 11-18-2009 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spittinfire (Post 187659)
Nice! I restore the early Broncos for a living.

so i imagine you know my pain on trying to get replacement seats and side panels for the inside right lol.....thats why i am spraying and re upholstering, i am also going to take its stock wheels and get them powder coated

spittinfire 11-18-2009 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jusselin (Post 187661)
so i imagine you know my pain on trying to get replacement seats and side panels for the inside right lol.....thats why i am spraying and re upholstering, i am also going to take its stock wheels and get them powder coated

I don't know much about the big body trucks. We only work on the 66-77's. Here is where I work, NICK'S TRIX ::: Early Bronco Restorations - Custom Fabrication - Ford Bronco 66-77

Jusselin 11-18-2009 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spittinfire (Post 187663)
I don't know much about the big body trucks. We only work on the 66-77's. Here is where I work, NICK'S TRIX ::: Early Bronco Restorations - Custom Fabrication - Ford Bronco 66-77

:eek: beautiful trucks man....

Jusselin 11-18-2009 05:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Range Report:

ok i am assuming this is a mag issue but the bullets would not load correctly quite a few times and i had to eject them and load the next one...also for the first 100 rounds, it seemed like i had to hit the slide release every 3rd round or so, it didn't shut on its own ,not sure what that was a bout, and about 200 rounds the slide stuck open completely and wouldn't shut....the slide release was all the way down too, i finally tapped it a few rough times and it shut, didn't give me a problem after that.....

in saying all that, the gun shot like a dream, very low recoil and accuracy pretty dead on here is a shot of 150 rounds in a target, i still prefer my colt over this dan wesson any day

can any one help me out with what my issues might have been on the slide? i stated when i bought the gun that the slide was hard to release in the first place (now she closes very smoothly, its not difficult at all to hit the slide release)

i am fixin to take her apart and clean her thoroughly

DrJason 11-18-2009 05:34 PM

How far away was the target?

Was that the 1st 50, last 50, or ??????

What was the ammo, as that may be a cause of the load issues?