Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Glock19 gen 4

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2014, 03:31 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 52 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Default Glock19 gen 4

Took out my new gen 4 19 for the first time today and put about 300 through it. Now I will start out by saying I am a glock guy and always will be, I have bought 4 of them (gen 3) and never had one problem through 10k+ rounds over the years. The new gen 4 was disappointing though, now it was mostly my fault as due to a move I have not shot any of my glocks in about a year and a half so I had to relearn the trigger which I got use to at about round 200.

My main concern with this gen 4 is very simple, in 300 rounds I had 2 ftf which a quick mag slap fixed and I was getting hit in the face and arm about every other round. Now the only reason I have not already dumped this gun for the brass in the face is like I said I like my glocks and can work around it.

Any way the following is 10 shots from 10 yards, the poor grouping is me still getting used the the trigger.

File Type: jpg image.jpg (30.1 KB, 25 views)

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-14-2014, 03:52 AM   #2
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1722 Times on 938 Posts
Likes Given: 545

I was looking at the gen 4's but have not looked at the 19 yet. I have been checking out a lot of complaints related to the gen 4's and the trigger seems to be the biggest one. Take a look at the trigger bar and compare it to your gen 3's. It is different and the pull is heavier. There are several videos on Utube addressing the issues and the visuals help. Until Glock addresses the issues I wont be getting a gen 4.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 07-14-2014, 10:19 AM   #3

Liked 52 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 55

In my opinion the trigger is not really noticeably heavyer it's just the shells dribbling out of the gun that disappoints me, there is no reason for a shell to eject and in most cases land on my forearms or land back on the slide, that's ejection distances of like 0 to 8 inches I mean come on Glock really? Wtf are they doing down there?

Old 07-14-2014, 11:42 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1384 Times on 939 Posts
Likes Given: 474

I have no issue with the Gen 4 G19 trigger. If it is heavier than the Gen 3 trigger I have not noticed it. Really I am not so demanding that the trigger is light. In fact, when I bought the gun I had a Glockworx trigger kit installed. I really was uneasy about a gun with no safety and a 3 1/2 lb trigger in my pocket. I put the standard trigger springs back in the gun.

What I do demand is a consistent trigger. I don't care if the trigger breaks at 10lb or 2lb it has to break the same all the time. The Gen 4 G19 is very consistent. If one cannot shoot a Gen4 G19 it is not the pistol.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato