Glock 17 Range Report
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Glock 17 Range Report

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2011, 08:03 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts

Default Glock 17 Range Report

Well I finally got the chance to shoot my Gen2 G17.
I didn't have much ammo, so I only put one mag through it so far using Blazer 115gr FMJ at 15 yards.
I shot a little low and to the left, but I can probably improve on that considering this is the first time I've shot this gun.
I know one mag isn't enough to judge reliability, but I had no malfunctions out of those 17 rounds.
Overall, I'm happy with it. I shot better than I thought I would at 15 yards considering I normally shoot between 7 and 10 yards.
Recoil was surprisingly gentle for a tupperware gun.
I like it

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-13-2011, 08:34 PM   #2
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7115 Times on 4283 Posts
Likes Given: 8632

Looks like you had fun with it. Very nice gun!!

Old 03-13-2011, 08:39 PM   #3

Thanks WOC!

Old 03-13-2011, 08:53 PM   #4

Very nice, my friend shoots in a very similar pattern as you. The way you pull the trigger greatly effects your groupings and since the Glock trigger can be tricky, try this next time you're at the range: Raise the gun at the target but before you take aim, squeeze the trigger halfway until you feel it hit "the wall," take aim, then pull straight back. Now this next step is important, do NOT allow the trigger to reset all the way, you will know when it's ready to fire again because you will feel a "click" as you slowly release. Rinse, lather repeat.

I am able to get a 2 inch grouping from 21 feet. I know this technique may not work for everyone but it does for me. Good luck and happy shooting.

Old 03-13-2011, 09:14 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyFSU View Post
Very nice, my friend shoots in a very similar pattern as you. The way you pull the trigger greatly effects your groupings and since the Glock trigger can be tricky, try this next time you're at the range: Raise the gun at the target but before you take aim, squeeze the trigger halfway until you feel it hit "the wall," take aim, then pull straight back. Now this next step is important, do NOT allow the trigger to reset all the way, you will know when it's ready to fire again because you will feel a "click" as you slowly release. Rinse, lather repeat.

I am able to get a 2 inch grouping from 21 feet. I know this technique may not work for everyone but it does for me. Good luck and happy shooting.
Thanks, I'll try that.

Old 04-04-2011, 04:19 PM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I recently got a new 17 and it shot low and left for me as well. I am used to a 6 o'clock sighting method, holding the sight just below the target. With this glock I have to hold the sights directly over the target. I also had to move the back sight to the right a touch. The trigger also can be tricky, I've always used the method, squeeze the trigger like you're taking a picture. Slow and steady.

Luke 22:36 - He said to them, “But now let the one who has a moneybag take it, and likewise a knapsack. And let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and buy one.

Old 04-04-2011, 04:23 PM   #7

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Outstanding. My Gen2 G17 has about a bazillion rds through it that I know of. Got it well used about 10 years ago. Never a glitch, even though it has a .40SW ejector in it.

The G17 is my go to gun. I'd bet you are really going to fall in love with yours.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."