Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Getting better... and paying $$$ for it!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2009, 08:10 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Getting better... and paying $$$ for it!

Hi all,

I've been to the range a number of times now, and I'm liking it more and more. Those of you who said it would be addicting were absolutely right on the money!

Speaking of money, I found a decent price on 9mm ammo, so I bought several boxes. But it adds up fast!

I've posted a pic of my most recent target acquisition. I'm very happy with the way my shooting is progressing.

However, farther distance and I begin the suck, bigtime. There are some plinking plates setup about 50 yards away, and I hit only 3 out of 8. Waste of ammo, you ask me.

I did get pretty angry, however. I called a cease fire on the range (there was only myself and one other gunslinger there) and I said I was going out to replace targets. He nodded at me, I checked to make sure there were no rifles or handguns in play anywhere, and stepped out onto the field. I quickly placed my targets and as I turned around, there was the fathead with his eye to the scope of his rifle, sighting a target! I yelled at him "HANDS OFF THE RIFLE, DICKHEAD!" And he raised his hands up, and backed away. The range officer was on the phone, so missed the obvious breach of safety protocol.

The guy was probably 20 yards away (rifle and handguns have separate alleys) but still, a cease fire had been called, and the rule is you do nothing with your weapon while someone is out on the range, that includes reloading, handling or sighting..

There should be an absolute no tolerance policy.

110309.jpg  

Para bellum!!

Proud NRA Member! #172327456

Lansing, MI
Ruger P95PR and counting...

Last edited by crackshot; 11-03-2009 at 08:13 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-03-2009, 09:07 PM   #2

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Well Done!! A little practic goes miles in attaining accuarcy!!

Did you use a garbage can lid as a template for that target?

People get the government they deserve.

Old 11-03-2009, 09:25 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerunner View Post
Well Done!! A little practic goes miles in attaining accuarcy!!

Did you use a garbage can lid as a template for that target?

Haha! No, it's a close up.

Well, that, and I was about 3 inches away.

Para bellum!!

Lansing, MI

Old 11-03-2009, 10:49 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I noticed the powder burns on the paper.

Good shooting, you're improving.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 11-04-2009, 01:12 AM   #5

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackshot View Post
Hi all,

I've been to the range a number of times now, and I'm liking it more and more. Those of you who said it would be addicting were absolutely right on the money!

Speaking of money, I found a decent price on 9mm ammo, so I bought several boxes. But it adds up fast!

I've posted a pic of my most recent target acquisition. I'm very happy with the way my shooting is progressing.

However, farther distance and I begin the suck, bigtime. There are some plinking plates setup about 50 yards away, and I hit only 3 out of 8. Waste of ammo, you ask me.

I did get pretty angry, however. I called a cease fire on the range (there was only myself and one other gunslinger there) and I said I was going out to replace targets. He nodded at me, I checked to make sure there were no rifles or handguns in play anywhere, and stepped out onto the field. I quickly placed my targets and as I turned around, there was the fathead with his eye to the scope of his rifle, sighting a target! I yelled at him "HANDS OFF THE RIFLE, DICKHEAD!" And he raised his hands up, and backed away. The range officer was on the phone, so missed the obvious breach of safety protocol.

The guy was probably 20 yards away (rifle and handguns have separate alleys) but still, a cease fire had been called, and the rule is you do nothing with your weapon while someone is out on the range, that includes reloading, handling or sighting..

There should be an absolute no tolerance policy.
All of that and you got to shoot one day before the target was even printed...

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 11-04-2009, 03:30 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
All of that and you got to shoot one day before the target was even printed...
Crap.. wrong date. should've read 11/3, obviously.

Nevermind the paradoxical time shift... nothing to see here... move along.

Para bellum!!

Lansing, MI