Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Range Report (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/)
-   -   Getting better... and paying $$$ for it! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/getting-better-paying-19751/)

crackshot 11-03-2009 08:10 PM

Getting better... and paying $$$ for it!

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all,

I've been to the range a number of times now, and I'm liking it more and more. Those of you who said it would be addicting were absolutely right on the money!

Speaking of money, I found a decent price on 9mm ammo, so I bought several boxes. But it adds up fast!

I've posted a pic of my most recent target acquisition. I'm very happy with the way my shooting is progressing.

However, farther distance and I begin the suck, bigtime. There are some plinking plates setup about 50 yards away, and I hit only 3 out of 8. :eek: Waste of ammo, you ask me.

I did get pretty angry, however. I called a cease fire on the range (there was only myself and one other gunslinger there) and I said I was going out to replace targets. He nodded at me, I checked to make sure there were no rifles or handguns in play anywhere, and stepped out onto the field. I quickly placed my targets and as I turned around, there was the fathead with his eye to the scope of his rifle, sighting a target! I yelled at him "HANDS OFF THE RIFLE, DICKHEAD!" And he raised his hands up, and backed away. The range officer was on the phone, so missed the obvious breach of safety protocol.

The guy was probably 20 yards away (rifle and handguns have separate alleys) but still, a cease fire had been called, and the rule is you do nothing with your weapon while someone is out on the range, that includes reloading, handling or sighting..

There should be an absolute no tolerance policy.

dunerunner 11-03-2009 09:07 PM

Well Done!! A little practic goes miles in attaining accuarcy!!

Did you use a garbage can lid as a template for that target?

crackshot 11-03-2009 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunerunner (Post 182011)
Well Done!! A little practic goes miles in attaining accuarcy!!

Did you use a garbage can lid as a template for that target?

Haha! No, it's a close up. :p

Well, that, and I was about 3 inches away. :D

CA357 11-03-2009 10:49 PM

I noticed the powder burns on the paper. ;)

Good shooting, you're improving.

skullcrusher 11-04-2009 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crackshot (Post 181987)
Hi all,

I've been to the range a number of times now, and I'm liking it more and more. Those of you who said it would be addicting were absolutely right on the money!

Speaking of money, I found a decent price on 9mm ammo, so I bought several boxes. But it adds up fast!

I've posted a pic of my most recent target acquisition. I'm very happy with the way my shooting is progressing.

However, farther distance and I begin the suck, bigtime. There are some plinking plates setup about 50 yards away, and I hit only 3 out of 8. :eek: Waste of ammo, you ask me.

I did get pretty angry, however. I called a cease fire on the range (there was only myself and one other gunslinger there) and I said I was going out to replace targets. He nodded at me, I checked to make sure there were no rifles or handguns in play anywhere, and stepped out onto the field. I quickly placed my targets and as I turned around, there was the fathead with his eye to the scope of his rifle, sighting a target! I yelled at him "HANDS OFF THE RIFLE, DICKHEAD!" And he raised his hands up, and backed away. The range officer was on the phone, so missed the obvious breach of safety protocol.

The guy was probably 20 yards away (rifle and handguns have separate alleys) but still, a cease fire had been called, and the rule is you do nothing with your weapon while someone is out on the range, that includes reloading, handling or sighting..

There should be an absolute no tolerance policy.

All of that and you got to shoot one day before the target was even printed...:eek:

crackshot 11-04-2009 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skullcrusher (Post 182103)
All of that and you got to shoot one day before the target was even printed...:eek:

Crap.. wrong date. should've read 11/3, obviously. :)

Nevermind the paradoxical time shift... nothing to see here... move along. :)