Gator Guns: S&W M&P9
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > Gator Guns: S&W M&P9

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2011, 01:54 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default Gator Guns: S&W M&P9

Don't worry, I don't think I'm going to create a post for every trip to the range. Only for new ranges or new guns and since I'm a beginner, it's all new to me!

Gator Guns and Archery Center
West Palm Beach, FL

Hourly Range Fees for Pistols:
$8/hr WITH purchase of ammo
$13/hr WITHOUT purchase of ammo

Rentals:
Gun (pistol only) $7.50
Eye Protection: $1
Ear Protection: $1

Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm
I'd have to say that it's not my cup of tea. It's very GLOCK-like, but I think that GLOCK does it better. Overall the GLOCK feels better, but this is starting to confirm my new found love of all metal guns since shooting the Baretta 92FS.

The Beretta was easier to site and shoot (especially the SA shots) and had far less recoil. Only problem is that it just doesn't feel great in hand.

The trigger on the M&P 9 just suuuucks. Seemed to pull it forever and basically had to bring it all the way to the back of the trigger guard.

• Dead center 20+ rounds at 5 yards
  • Bottom Left: 5 rds at 5 yards
  • Bottom Right: Walther P22 - Did not like!
  • Top Left (inverted target - it was bottom right when shot): 5 rds at 5 yards
  • Top Right: (inverted target - it was bottom left when shot) 5 rnds at 10 yards - So all those misses were actuall high (not low)

"Ideology deludes, inspires dishonesty, and breeds fanaticism. Facts, experience, and logic are much better at leading you to the truth."

"Despite the conviction and seeming depth of knowledge with which ideologues speak, they are intellectual weaklings--joiners--who defer to systems of belief and charismatic gurus for their ideas." -- Daniel J. Flynn

GOA

Last edited by knfxda; 06-03-2011 at 02:09 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-03-2011, 02:00 AM   #2

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default 2nd Target

Decided to have more fun with the 2nd target:

Center: Left-handed, 6 rnds at 5 yards
Bottom Left and Right: Rigth-handed, 5 rnds ea at 5 yards
Top Right: (Inverted target - it was bottom left when shot) One-handed (right) 4 rnds at 5 yards

"Ideology deludes, inspires dishonesty, and breeds fanaticism. Facts, experience, and logic are much better at leading you to the truth."

"Despite the conviction and seeming depth of knowledge with which ideologues speak, they are intellectual weaklings--joiners--who defer to systems of belief and charismatic gurus for their ideas." -- Daniel J. Flynn

GOA

Last edited by knfxda; 06-03-2011 at 02:10 AM.

Old 06-13-2011, 05:39 PM   #3

I agree with you on the M&P. I wasn't a fan of it in my hands either (but I know a lot of people do like them). I tried a Ruger SR9 next to an M&P 9mm and it was hands down the Ruger for me.

I assume the left-handed comment was your off hand? Nice job!

Old 06-15-2011, 02:10 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 32 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Nice shooting, thanks for sharing.