Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > G23

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2011, 08:02 PM   #1
MGH
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default G23

I had a chance to go to the range with my dad; over all it was a good time. I brought my Glock 23 and my just finished .223 rifle. My dad just brought his XDM .45
I had to sight in my rifle because of recent work on it. (Pictures after link)
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f18/new-stock-39888/
It was shooting low and to the left.

I wondering what to do about my pistol shooting; each time my grouping was high and left. I know what I did with that flier down at the bottom.

Any suggestions?

120.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-25-2011, 09:45 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

This might help.

b3targetanalysischartcorrectrh.jpg  

Old 03-25-2011, 10:09 PM   #3

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Fixed or adjustable sights? Did anyone else shoot the gun? If so, how did they do?

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 03-26-2011, 01:38 AM   #4
MGH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
Fixed or adjustable sights? Did anyone else shoot the gun? If so, how did they do?
Fixed sights and yes, my dad shot it as well, he shot low and to the right.

(I'm left handed and he's right handed.)

How do I stop anticipating?

Old 03-26-2011, 02:06 AM   #5

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

You didn't say what distance your target was set at, but sometimes if you set your target say at 5 or 7 yards or even closer, shoot a few mags and really concentrate on your sights and slowly pulling the trigger. You'll gain confidence and start accepting the recoil without thinking about it. Shooting at a greater distance trying to figure out what you're doing wrong will only make the problem worse. You do have a fairly good group so whatever you are doing, you are doing it the same each shot.

Another thing is to get some snap caps and have someone load one or two mags mixing the snap caps with your ammo. You won't know when the snap cap comes up and if you are pushing the gun when the snap cap is chambered it will exaggerate what you are doing wrong.

Next, keep shooting. The more you shoot the more comfortable you become.

Also, reverse the chart Dillinger sent, for left handed shooting.

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 03-26-2011, 05:25 AM   #6
MGH

Thanks for the advise!