This is fun :)
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report >

This is fun :)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2011, 11:24 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1341 Times on 793 Posts
Likes Given: 250

Default This is fun :)

Wife and I are taking CCW class this weekend, and she has a new XD(M)-C. Our first outing, she wasn't happy with the S&B Police rounds... damn those things were hot.

Went back out today.

I'm struggling with sights on the gun, they seem to be a skosh off with me shooting to the left. So, I warmed up with the 22/45 and even it was off to the left. This was her time to get more used to her new 9, so I occasionally got some time with the plinker. Things got better and better, and I finally ran the target out to 50' (upper right orange highlighter circle) and said WTH. We were out of the federal 9's, but I left a box of the S&B in my bag, so I loaded 10 rounds and brought the target back to 21'. Results are below, the non highlighted shots are all SWMBO... so is it me, or is the gun sight off slightly? Keep in mind I'm a noob in the truest sense of the word

img_0125.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-02-2011, 12:17 AM   #2

Liked 52 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 60

If you are hitting at the same place left of point of aim with two different pistols it is probably something you are doing. Pay close attention to your grip and your trigger pull. It is important to use the same part of your finger on the trigger each time as well. Here is a thread that might help explain, hope it helps. Take a look at the targets that show likely faults for hitting in various parts of the target. Good luck.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f55/proper-sight-picture-target-mistakes-4871/

Old 09-02-2011, 12:59 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1341 Times on 793 Posts
Likes Given: 250

I started off hitting everything left, but then settled down with the 22 and went back to the 9. Pretty tight group, but back to the left again.

Old 09-04-2011, 04:48 AM   #4

Liked 181 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 407

Hey there,
partdeux

It is crucial that you maintain trigger control. You can do this multiple times a day at home, no less than 5 minutes a day, 5 days a week. Perfect practice, makes perfect and saves lots of ammo.

Ammunition can be quite expensive, even low grain 9mm ammo is expensive. Keep your eyes on the sights while you're pulling the trigger while practicing and it is very excellent for you and your firearm when you master this skill.
Atleast it has for me.

Kind regards,
Zoey

Old 09-04-2011, 05:12 AM   #5

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

This is fun :) - Range Report

this has helped in the past.

“American by birth Texan by the grace of God”
“Molon labe”
http://www.ebay.com/itm/151001455519?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p39 84.m1555.l2649

Newest Threads